Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Chicago sales and service center

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I dropped by the Chicago Tesla store today and talked to Kevin for a bit. They have been made to run through all sorts of hoops to get the permits for the build, but it's just about done (maybe a week or so). From there it'll be 3 weeks or so to do the work. Nothing much to report on the interior work, as it's mostly covered in plastic and such. I'm sure they will set a date for the opening once the permits are done and they have control over the schedule (hopefully early-mid Sept).

I also got to see a 2010 that was in the shop, waiting for delivery. It was my first time seeing one in person and I was impressed.

I dropped by the Chicago Tesla store today and talked to Kevin for a bit. They have been made to run through all sorts of hoops to get the permits for the build, but it's just about done (maybe a week or so). From there it'll be 3 weeks or so to do the work. Nothing much to report on the interior work, as it's mostly covered in plastic and such. I'm sure they will set a date for the opening once the permits are done and they have control over the schedule (hopefully early-mid Sept).

I also got to see a 2010 that was in the shop, waiting for delivery. It was my first time seeing one in person and I was impressed.
Fantastic. Of course I was hoping for earlier, but it's good to know we haven't missed anything.

I don't get downtown much anymore, and when I do it's usually via the train. The Tesla store is a bit of a hike from the train station through questionable neighborhoods (I'm sure the people living there would disagree with me), so I haven't had the opportunity to stop by. It's good to hear there is Tesla staff there, though. I might make an effort to stop by.

Hello everyone. My name is Seneca Giese and I will be working in sales alongside Kevin Daly. I am extremely excited of the opportunity and can't wait to start on Monday. I come from Continental Nissan whom I have worked with for 6 years. I am an avid fan of automobiles, technology and motor sports. I look forward to meeting those that will be attending the grand opening party.

Last edited:
It is a long and grueling process of acquiring a construction permit from the city of Chicago. We finally received it on Thursday and construction has started.

Keep an eye on the Chicago store page for opening date info:
Tesla Motors - Tesla Stores

I will be updating the Chicago Twitter page with pics of the build-out:
Tesla Chicago (Tesla_Chicago) on Twitter

I am told we are 6 to 8 weeks away... end of November.

It is a long and grueling process of acquiring a construction permit from the city of Chicago. We finally received it on Thursday and construction has started.

Keep an eye on the Chicago store page for opening date info:
Tesla Motors - Tesla Stores

I will be updating the Chicago Twitter page with pics of the build-out:
Tesla Chicago (Tesla_Chicago) on Twitter

I am told we are 6 to 8 weeks away... end of November.

Thanks for that Update Seneca...be sure to get the invites out ASAP as it'll take some 'doing' for me to get a flight up there for the Grand Opening.

Thanks for that Update Seneca...be sure to get the invites out ASAP as it'll take some 'doing' for me to get a flight up there for the Grand Opening.

We'll be working on setting a realistic opening date once more construction is completed. We can't do it just yet due to possible construction delays, etc. Thank you for your patience everyone!