Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Chicago service center and vent exchange

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone requested that Chicago service replace your driver's side vent to fix the fogging issue?

Just curious to know who has done this and how it has gone.

I really haven't had any fogging issues in the past month since I've been preheating the cabin, so I will likely wait.

(Still need to replace my front passenger door handle and check the window seals.)

Sent via Tapatalk.

kevincwelch - How does this fix address the fogging issue? While on a test drive with the car in the Oak Brook store, the Tesla person was constantly adjusting climate control to help try to control the windows from fogging.

I don't know the details, actually. But the drivers side disproportionately gets more fogged up than the passenger side. So, this is either a blower issue or a physical ventilation duct/diffuser issue that they are replacing.

Some of the issue with fogging is related use of recirculated air v. outside air, but there is a physical problem as well.

Sent via Tapatalk.

Has anyone requested that Chicago service replace your driver's side vent to fix the fogging issue?

Just curious to know who has done this and how it has gone.

I really haven't had any fogging issues in the past month since I've been preheating the cabin, so I will likely wait.

(Still need to replace my front passenger door handle and check the window seals.)

Sent via Tapatalk.

I haven't had much of an issue so far, so I figured I would wait and get it fixed once they have a chance to catch their breaths.

Only issue I have is of the windshield crack, but they said it would take 1-2 weeks to get the windshield in, and then they would send someone out to fix it, so that way I wouldn't have to go to the service center in the city.

I'm debating requesting that they not change the vent in my car. While I do experience some fogging, I can clear it up by hitting the vent on the pano roof, and I just don't want that ugly vent up front. What I have now looks elegant.

Agree, I can live with that if it ends the fogging issue.

Indeed. I tried to visualize that area as I sat in my car this morning. It seems as though from my vantage I would not be able to notice the vents too much.

The only drawback of this vent solution is that I will have to stop placing my M&Ms on the dash.

tumblr_lgownf5cRG1qbyfvlo1_500.png

kevincwelch -

Actually, prior to the modification it didn't much matter what settings we used, other than punching up the defrost button which, as you know, creates a LOT of noise. We tried directing the airflow only to the windshield by using the A/C pop up controls, and that did most of the windshield but didn't help the driver's window at all. There really wasn't much airflow - or perhaps air pressure -- through those little perforated grills under the windshield.