Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Chicago store car colors

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am trying to narrow down my color choice for a potentional Model S purchase and would really like to see them in person. I have it narrowed down to blue, gray or red. Does anyone know what current colored cars are at the Chicago stores. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

I am trying to narrow down my color choice for a potentional Model S purchase and would really like to see them in person. I have it narrowed down to blue, gray or red. Does anyone know what current colored cars are at the Chicago stores. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Oakbrook had a blue (available for test drive) and white (in the showroom) a couple weeks ago when I went for a test drive (and got pulled over...but that's another story) :rolleyes:

You can't leave us hanging!

OK...

On the Oakbrook test drive circuit is what I would call a double ramp (turn right off one 45 mph? surface street, loop left and turn right to merge onto a highway). The exit/entrance ramp was rated 25mph. Well I decided to push the car a little to see what it could do. At 75mph the stock tires were complaining a little, but I was able to hit the apexes pretty well (or at least Tim the Tesla guy thought so). Midway through the exercise I noticed in my rear-view mirror a car that I thought wanted to "play." Luckily something threw up a caution flag and I realized it was an umarked squad.

We turned off the highway into a residential area and the officer pulled me over. As I fumbled to put the car in park (what a goofy spot for park) and roll down the window, he pulled alongside and said "I realize you are on a test drive and did pretty well through that, but take it down a notch." I thanked him and he drove away.

Tim said it was the first time they had anyone pulled over on a test drive (I believe they have been open 18 months).

As enjoyable as it was, the test drive did make me focus on the Roadster instead. The Model S is just too big of a car and not "playful" enough FOR ME. Great car though.

OK...

On the Oakbrook test drive circuit is what I would call a double ramp (turn right off one 45 mph? surface street, loop left and turn right to merge onto a highway). The exit/entrance ramp was rated 25mph. Well I decided to push the car a little to see what it could do. At 75mph the stock tires were complaining a little, but I was able to hit the apexes pretty well (or at least Tim the Tesla guy thought so). Midway through the exercise I noticed in my rear-view mirror a car that I thought wanted to "play." Luckily something threw up a caution flag and I realized it was an umarked squad.

We turned off the highway into a residential area and the officer pulled me over. As I fumbled to put the car in park (what a goofy spot for park) and roll down the window, he pulled alongside and said "I realize you are on a test drive and did pretty well through that, but take it down a notch." I thanked him and he drove away.

Tim said it was the first time they had anyone pulled over on a test drive (I believe they have been open 18 months).

As enjoyable as it was, the test drive did make me focus on the Roadster instead. The Model S is just too big of a car and not "playful" enough FOR ME. Great car though.

Yeah, its very easy to get going fast on that short stretch on Roosevelt Rd; I hit 85 when I did my test drive, but didn't hold that speed on the ramp - I was worried about my passengers in the back :biggrin:

Yeah, its very easy to get going fast on that short stretch on Roosevelt Rd; I hit 85 when I did my test drive, but didn't hold that speed on the ramp - I was worried about my passengers in the back :biggrin:

It was just my brother in the back seat - he's tossed me around in his little Audi TT enough I figured it was time for some payback :scared:

Luckily they had the 80mph limiter set when I did the test drive (I bumped it a few times) so I couldn't really stretch it out.