Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Chicagoland - ceramic coating costs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i am in Chicagoland northwestern suburbs and got quoted as 400 for ceramic coating. This place seems really good and has all the high end cars coming there.

Is this good price? He also mentioned that he will have to perform paint correction and fix all the issues and then ceramic coat it.

Thanks in advance.

Got a quote from Chicago Auto Pros (GlennEllyn, Glenview) for Cquartz Pro for $1195 (exterior painted surface only); $1495 (all painted surfaces, rims with barrels, calipers, and all glass). Paint correction (level 1) is $300. Price seems to be in range with one other quote from JJ Detailing (Lockport).

$400 sounds really good. Who is the quote from? What is the material used? More details? Might have to reconsider.

i am in Chicagoland northwestern suburbs and got quoted as 400 for ceramic coating. This place seems really good and has all the high end cars coming there.

Is this good price? He also mentioned that he will have to perform paint correction and fix all the issues and then ceramic coat it.

Thanks in advance.
Got a quote from Chicago Auto Pros (GlennEllyn, Glenview) for Cquartz Pro for $1195 (exterior painted surface only); $1495 (all painted surfaces, rims with barrels, calipers, and all glass). Paint correction (level 1) is $300. Price seems to be in range with one other quote from JJ Detailing (Lockport).

$400 sounds really good. Who is the quote from? What is the material used? More details? Might have to reconsider.

Considering doing a ceramic coating on my model 3 -did u get one ? Any recommendations? Thx

Was $300 for whole car?

Thanks in advance.

That is very very low for ceramic. What prep are they doing? At that price it seems maybe they are just washing the car and putting a single coat of a consumer grade coating on.

I got quoted $600 for a consumer grade coating with no paint correctly from a local shop. I ended up doing some basic polishing myself and doing my own consumer grade coating, my own cost for materials and what-not was about $250.

Make sure that you are 100% satisfied with how your paint looks right now when it is clean. If they don't do any correction then any scratches or marks you see will be there under the ceramic sealant for a year or two.