TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Chicopee, MA Electrify America DCFC site opening 4-25-18

Discussion in 'New England' started by RubberToe, Apr 23, 2018.

1. RubberToe

RubberToe Supporting the greater good

There is a new Electrify America press release out today. They announced several new DCFC partners. The biggest news is that there is going to be a "First Charging" ceremony at the first location they are lighting up! This is two days from now on 4-25-18. Some of y'all need to head down there to get in line and lets gets some reports of how this latest Tesla Killing charger deployment is working.

The Chicopee, Ma. Fire Department has agreed to station several of their trucks within hosing distance and will be ready at a moments notice. Charge at your own risk !

[​IMG]
    Any souls brave enough to plug into one of these chargers please report back and let us all know how it went. Be sure and update all your car and medical insurance before Wednesday.

RT

2. st50maint

st50maint Member

I do not see any mention of what time the ceremony will start?

3. EdA

EdA Model S P-2540

upload_2018-4-23_17-7-59.png

Contact the author...

4. Tdreamer

Tdreamer Supporting Member

And would this require CHAdeMO, or would it work with the default included J1772 adapter?

5. TexasEV

TexasEV Well-Known Member

It’s DC fast charging, so definitely not J1772. If it’s both CCS and CHAdeMO then the CHAdeMO adapter will work for Models S and X (not Model 3 yet). If it’s only CCS then it will not be compatible with Tesla.

6. RCFLMA

RCFLMA Supporting Member

This is nearby - a rather odd choice. From Chicopee, there are two superchargers within 15-20 miles (West Springfield & South Hadley, MA) and four more within 30-35 (Lee & Mt Auburn MA, West Hartford & Manchester CT). And that doesn't include those the Boston/Cape Cod area.
    I'll try to stop by to see what's "cooking", but I don't think my 2017 MS90D will be able to drink from that fire hose.

7. EdA

EdA Model S P-2540

Well it is good news for the Leafs and Bolts of the world...

8. RCFLMA

RCFLMA Supporting Member

Just saw this online.
    "Electrify America’s certified cooled-cable chargers offering 350kW of power can charge a vehicle up to 20 miles per minute, which is seven times faster than today’s most commonly used DC 50kW Fast Charger. The majority of the new, larger battery EVs expected by 2020 from many manufacturers will typically use up to 150kW while at least one manufacturer will offer 320kW charging performance. All charging stations will offer a CHAdeMO1 (50kW) connector, plus additional dual-handle dispensers with CCS1 (50 to 350 kW) connectors."​

9. TexasEV

TexasEV Well-Known Member

It's target market is the EVs that don't use Tesla superchargers!

10. RubberToe

11. tga

tga Supporting Member

Where are you getting your inside info? I may be in the Deerfield area in a day or two; it might be worth a stopover to see what's up.

12. RubberToe

13. RubberToe

It is postponed, this is what I received from the contact via e-mail:

Sorry we have postponed ceremony for today. The station is not public yet. Hopefully soon

Mike Moran

14. crashvt

crashvt Member

From my understanding - The Chademo on these chargers is limited to 50kW. Only the CCS is will support 350kW in the future.

15. Gwgan

Gwgan Almost a wagon

Browsing on PlugShare where they report the details which includes $0.40/min idle fees. $1 per session then $0.30/min.
    I wonder if a session is limited to 30 min like Blink.

16. Jeff N

Jeff N Active Member

17. Dan_A

Dan_A Member

They released an interactive map to see current, ubder cknstruction, and future locations. Multiple listed as under construction in new england.