Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Child lock

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why wouldn’t Tesla let us choose which door to lock when using child lock? Yes it only takes a couple of tap on the screen to turn off the child lock but it is quite annoying. I see the Model S and X have the same issue.

Today I strapped my daughter in her car seat then my wife and I got in the front. My mom got in the back but she didn’t close the door hard enough. She wanted to open and close again but pressing the button would not open the door because child lock was on. I need to turn off child lock, let her open and close the door, and turn on child lock again.

I can’t leave the child lock off because the door opens with a button instead of a lever. Trust me my daughter would press any button she could find.

Tesla, I just want to lock one rear door goddamit!

This should be so easy for them to implement. I've sent e-mails to Tesla asking about it and have never gotten a response.

I have two car seats, one in the rear passenger, one in the center. I only need the rear passenger child and window locks engaged but not the rear driver. When putting the child in the center, I need to get into the back seat behind the driver to buckle them in. I got trapped in the back once in a parking lot because someone parked next to me closed my open door while I was in the car to get to their car. Because the child locks were on, I couldn't open the door to get out. Try reaching the touchscreen from the back with a rear-facing convertible car seat positioned in the center. It's almost impossible, especially if the driver's seat is positioned far back.

Add me to the list! We frequently have one adult and one toddler in the rear.

Though I at least appreciate that it's a software switch at all. On our previous car, the switch was a recessed screw that you needed to have a narrow flathead screwdriver on hand to enable or disable.