TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Child seat affecting movement of 2nd row

Discussion in 'Model X: Interior & Exterior' started by lloyds, Jun 10, 2016.

1. lloyds

lloyds Member

Brought my X in this morning again, but for another issue. I could not get my 2nd row to move forward to give access to 3rd row. So it turns out that with the latest update, the 2nd row will not move fwd with a child seat latched if it is mounted tightly because the sensor thinks someone is sitting there. So the only way we can get a babyseat in is to leep the latches relatively loose.

I think this is something overlooked as it is a safety issue for those with babyseats.

The sc could not give us a solution so we left with the babyseat looser.

2. Roentgen

Roentgen Member

I noticed this, too. I can fool the sensor by jiggling the carseat a little if at first the easy access button doesn't work.

Took me awhile to figure out what the problem was - I thought I had a faulty seat until I took the carseat off, access worked fine, then replicated the problem after I put the car seat back on (intermittently).