Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Chill mode?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Wol747

Aug 26, 2017
Tea Gardens
My car seems to be stuck in "chill" acceleration mode: "Chill" stays on the binnacle in grey by the speed indication.
There appears to be no way to change this - the screen has Chill and Standard options but neither have any effect.
??

I know when I got a P85D as a service loaner last time it was locked in Chill mode, so there’s a way to do it.

Have you tried rebooting/resetting the car? I think in the loaner I had you couldn’t put it in any mode other than chill (they were all greyed out).

No, it's never been in valet mode, and the chill/standard buttons on the screen are both greyed out. I've been disappointed with the acceleration for several weeks and only just noticed the "chill" in faint grey by the speed indication.
The thing's doing an update now, I will check afterwards and do a reboot if necessary.

Speed limit + Chill lock is intentional. They added it in response to an irresponsible teenager who died accelerating into someone's house on ludicrous and the parents had already tried limiting acceleration when he got in trouble earlier.

Reactions: brkaus
Took me a while to work it out too.

So, because Tesla makes a handful of ludicrous models, every other model is forced to be nobbled. Does seem a touch ludicrous?

It would help if a Tesla programmer spent five minutes typing, so that if there's a voice command to 'open standard acceleration' while Tesla is blocking standard acceleration, then the response would be to explanation why, not just return a 'command unavailable' reply?

Picked up my car 3 days ago, it was in standard accel mode, at some point went into chill mode, and cannot get it back, both chill and standard are shaded out. speed is limited to 85mph, not in valet mode.......how do I reset?
Tom