Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

China and Berlin Y’s Front drivers and passenger door panels different than US model Y?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why does the US made model Y still have different door panels than the US made model three, the China made model 3, Y and Berlin model Y?

51C722B8-13F3-46B3-A4FD-B800D60FB951.jpeg
A4BBEC4C-C73F-4D07-813C-1E7E1F6948D0.jpeg
FCC7897D-1B5D-4E73-AD75-C60776909CCF.jpeg

We buy regardless with a waiting list a year long lol. We should call ourselves moronic for not demanding it far sooner, but instead we accept it keep fomo ordering 🤷🏽‍♂️

Truthfully. it’s all about re-tooling and parts sourcing/allocation. I suspect Austin Giga may start using the new format.

Isn't this just a date change and not a regional change? My 2021 M3 does *not* have the trim extending into the door (and I like it better)... but newer US made M3s do... Started sometime mid 2021

Curious why anyone would prefer the older design with a simple plastic trim piece on the top rather than an element continuation of the main dash? The latter being more model SX like and more expensive to produce.🤷🏽‍♂️ They upgrade is meant to enhance and refine the interior from the initial 2020 design..and it does.

Also on the white interior, the old white door trim is a sort of hard foam like material…not alcatera and subject to dirt, damage. The new white (or model 3 version) has the new trim pieces and also alcatera underneath. 100% an upgrade from what we’ve seen.

Maybe it’s an existing owner thing lol. Why knock what you can’t change. Havnt heard a new version owner yet who says they’d like to go back. If out there, please let us know :)

Reactions: J Vee and 06z_
It seems we always want what we can't have... If they gave us the door panels with the added dash trim and China got plain Alcantara door panels, we'd all be clamoring for those. Years ago when I was into the VW GTI scene, everyone wanted the European clear side marker lights. It was an easy $30 mod. Then VW went to a clear lens/orange lamp and everyone wanted the old orange lenses!

It seems we always want what we can't have... If they gave us the door panels with the added dash trim and China got plain Alcantara door panels, we'd all be clamoring for those. Years ago when I was into the VW GTI scene, everyone wanted the European clear side marker lights. It was an easy $30 mod. Then VW went to a clear lens/orange lamp and everyone wanted the old orange lenses!
Actually we just want an upgrade which has been in model 3 now for close to a year plus the rest of the world on Y. :)

Reactions: 06z_