Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

China : Assisted driving test, Tesla passes, why BYD crashed a dummy

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

EVNow

Sep 5, 2009
Seattle, WA
Here is an interesting series of tests conducted by a Chinese channel comparing ADAS capabilities of various brands in a controlled environment. Reported by Rob of TeslaDaily.

In the second episode of "DCar Competition E", the six cars were given a comprehensive test of their driving assistance ability under 10 road conditions that simulate daily urban commuting. The Tesla Model 3, which is equipped with the FSD option, passed with a perfect score. The ZEEKR becomes the leader among the independent brands, while the BYD brother unfortunately loses the battle, which project made them fail? Please watch the show!

1674419603556.png

The problem is that Tesla fans love this test because Tesla came out on top in it, so they publicize it. So what about the other tests that Tesla doesn't come ahead in? Oh that's right its ignored, called fake and disparaged by the community at large.

The problem is that Tesla fans love this test because Tesla came out on top in it, so they publicize it. So what about the other tests that Tesla doesn't come ahead in? Oh that's right its ignored, called fake and disparaged by the community at large.
Wait ... is there a popular Chinese EV that test ignored or MobilEye Supervision is on any of them ?

This video is weirdly positive towards Tesla. I still think Tesla is ahead of what I’ve seen so far out in the wild (publicly available), but its record here is uncannily perfect. Also, I wish they’d not use the term FSD in a way Tesla doesn’t. What they test here seems the same as what you’d have if you didn’t subscribe/purchase FSD Capability nor enrolled in FSD beta (only currently available in the USA anyway).