Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

China Black M3P for $52k?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
According to tesla.cn the model 3 performance has a range of 290 miles at a price of $52619.58 US. The base color is black instead of white with white costing extra and it comes with zero G wheels. I would assume this has an LFP battery pack. I wonder when the US will get this "version".

According to tesla.cn the model 3 performance has a range of 290 miles at a price of $52619.58 US. The base color is black instead of white with white costing extra and it comes with zero G wheels. I would assume this has an LFP battery pack. I wonder when the US will get this "version".

Why are you assuming this has a LFP battery pack?

It's also rear wheel drive, which probably accounts for some of the difference. Wish we had that option here. They also use a different standard to measure the range. But at least according to the translation they do call the performance, the Racing Package, can't do that here.

It is Dual Motor.

Tesla has updated its Made-in-China (MIC) Model 3 online design studio for the Chinese market, with the final price and specs for the Performance version and removal of the Long Range RWD version.

There are currently just two MIC Model 3 offered in China: the MIC Standard Range Plus RWD and the new MIC Performance version.

• Standard Range Plus RWD (MIC): *249,900 yuan ($38,251)
    * after including a subsidy of 15,840 yuan ($2,425) from 265,740 yuan ($40,676)
    NEDC range of 468 km (291 miles)
    top speed of 225 km/h (140 mph)
    acceleration 0-100 km/h (62 mph) in 5.6 seconds
  • Performance, Long Range AWD (MIC): 339,900 yuan ($52,028)
    * the price is some 21% lower than initially announced: 419,800 yuan
    NEDC range of 605 km (376 miles)
    top speed of 261 km/h (162 mph)
    acceleration 0-100 km/h (62 mph) in 3.3 seconds

Came here to find out whether the battery in my M3P is NCA or LFP.

But while on this topic, I find it hard to believe that this MIC M3P has a range of 376 miles.

Seems the PRC's Communist Party is even worse than our USG EPA at providing real world estimates.