Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

China build performance charging.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am collecting my model 3 performance next week what is the recommendation for charging please, I’ve heard so much but have no definitive answer, ideally I’d like to charge daily to as high as is safe without loosing regenerative breaking.
Tia.

I am collecting my model 3 performance next week what is the recommendation for charging please, I’ve heard so much but have no definitive answer, ideally I’d like to charge daily to as high as is safe without loosing regenerative breaking.
Tia.
90% is fine. Presumably you have home charging… depending on use pattern you could drop that a bit or higher if doing a long trip. Only the new China SR+ is ok for regularly charging to 100%.

Tia.
Next week? First MIC Prrformance collection is 16th June, vessel doesn’t arrive in UK until 9th June?

We don’t really know what we’re getting battery wise yet but it’s expected to be similar to the Fremont P cars.

I have no experience on this but have read 80% is a good value for daily use with full regen, 90% is a safe value for battery charging according to the manual but you do get a bit of regen cut at this level apparently.

Next week? First MIC Prrformance collection is 16th June, vessel doesn’t arrive in UK until 9th June?

We don’t really know what we’re getting battery wise yet but it’s expected to be similar to the Fremont P cars.

I have no experience on this but have read 80% is a good value for daily use with full regen, 90% is a safe value for battery charging according to the manual but you do get a bit of regen cut at this level apparently.
Sorry getting excited! Next month😂 (25th).

Tia.

No point worrying about losing regen braking ... it's only for a short while and you automatically just use a bit of brake if you need to. It's temperature dependant but in the summer you can be fairly sure you will have adequate regen when charging to 90%. In the depths of winter no matter what you charge to you WILL suffer reduced regen! Though regenerative braking is a nice thing to have it really isn't the that critical. It just improves efficiency a little.

Tia.
I have found the best is to Charge at home to 90% and stick the climate control on 15 minutes before you use the vehicle to get best regen.

Enjoy the car. I love my M3P.

Reactions: Hanchurch