Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

China has a new car coming in 12 months

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
ffDFDxT.jpg

I'm not too surprised, there seem to be a lot of snake oil salespeople getting a lot of press out of China these days. Maybe it is because of the contraction in their economy? Or maybe these things are just getting more coverage?

Have you found Jesus my son? Oh yes, and dinos walked with humans.

We need simple answers for simple minds folks, screw these prep school nerds, LMFAO.

Sorry, had to troll it, so much ignorance in this world.

I'm not too surprised, there seem to be a lot of snake oil salespeople getting a lot of press out of China these days. Maybe it is because of the contraction in their economy? Or maybe these things are just getting more coverage?

See “BYD Targets 60,000 New Energy Vehicle Sales For 2015"
BYD Targets 60,000 New Energy Vehicle Sales For 2015

And BYD is only one of several Chinese companies selling EVs (not including Volvo).

China Plug-In Electric Car Sales September 2015

Plug-ins in China are selling at a faster annual rate than those in the US.

China's population is 3X the US, and there are more middle class people in China with the income to be able to own a car than there are people in the US. Car ownership is a big status symbol in China whereas it's losing it's status here in the US. Western Millennials generally aren't that impressed with car ownership.

China is the hottest car market in the world, and it makes sense that EVs would sell more there than in the US which is a saturated car market. All things considered, I'm surprised they aren't burying the rest of the world in sales, EV sales are only marginally ahead of the US by about 10,000 a year.

Millions of Chinese grew up using electric scooters mopeds.

Using electric fuel to get around is not strange.

It is not as big a paradigm shift as in the West.

I just talked to a 24 year old nephew here in Los Angeles. He is saving every penny for a Model 3, a confirmed Tesla fanatic.

And he worked at Jiffy Lube while in college LOL.