Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

China Made Model Y Performance infotainment system has AMD Ryzen processors and AMD GPUs!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wonder what are the Specs for this could be?

Attachments

• 0FF45DE9-AC82-42F9-BBC6-B41122998BAC.jpeg
    0FF45DE9-AC82-42F9-BBC6-B41122998BAC.jpeg
    119.7 KB · Views: 131
Aside from the obvious implications for in-car gaming, what are the other advantages of this? Does this future proof the infotainment system for any future UI upgrades, perhaps if/when they move to the new X/S UI?
Lots of implications. But at a base user level much more snappier UI and future proofing. My MX even with the MCU2 upgrade lags a lot with current FSD beta visualizations… don’t know how it’s going to handle more.

Reactions: kiddole
So what is in the current models?.. Intel?
Intel Atoms... 💩

Btw... it's an AMD APU with a discrete gpu for when you want to get your cyberpunk on.

MCU3 – This is the newest module used in the S/X starting in January 2021 builds. It is likely a liquid-cooled module similar to the 3/Y, but with new processors.
It appears to use the AMD Navi 23 GPU, a major upgrade from prior GPUs. It handles all three displays, using HDMI for one, and DisplayPort for the other two. The graphics power is considered close to the Sony PS5, which also uses an AMD GPU. We don’t yet know the CPU used with MCU3, but it is likely more powerful than that used in MCU2.
Early reports have the CPU changed from Intel’s Atom to AMD’s Ryzen chip, which would be a huge performance upgrade.

I want to see the Berlin factory enhancements. Big target: People have been complaining about the stiff suspension since the MY was released.

The 12V li-ion battery is something I'd like to retrofit now.

I want this and the bioweapon filter and the 4680s and the front castings... lol. It's like waiting on the next release of cpus and gpus. How long can you hold out for the latest and greatest?

Lots of implications. But at a base user level much more snappier UI and future proofing. My MX even with the MCU2 upgrade lags a lot with current FSD beta visualizations… don’t know how it’s going to handle more.

As soon as MCU2 was released, that became the main development target:
  • UI updates started expecting MCU2 performance. This compromised whole experience on MCU1
  • New feature development started to be exclusive to MCU2 and after a while development for MCU1 stopped
Now with MCU3 out, I think there will probably be many unhappy MCU2 car owners out there after a while...