Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

China Shanghai manufacturing beat U.S manufacturing speed .

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got ordered model y on June 10 . The sales man told me he will found a car 1-4weeks . Then I make the order. I received my first vin on June 20 and they will delivery on 28th . I’m so excited. Then the vin and delivery disappeared. My delivery date push back to 20th August . Later on they sign me another vin and the delivery date going to September! Today on July 13th my vin number is disappeared again . And the delivery date going to October . That is maybe understand large order make manufacturing not reaching the order. But ! My friend ordered Tesla model y in China on June 19. He picked up his car on July 12 . I’m wondering the China manufacturing speed are faster than the U.S. I guess China has more order than the U.S . Because they are the largest population of the world . Or Tesla will bo longer respect the U.S customer . Doesn’t matter you buy or not . There is only electricity car brand in U.S .

...I’m wondering the China manufacturing speed are faster than the U.S. I guess China has more order than the U.S . Because they are the largest population of the world . Or Tesla will bo longer respect the U.S customer...
I think there are several factors.
1. China factory is brand new that was customized, not a refurbished old Fremont factory.
2. Global chips/parts shortage and current trade war is not helping Fremont.
3. Tesla seems to be more in touch China's customers (such as quickly responded to concerns of TACC sudden acceleration but no such response outside of China.

giphy.gif

I got ordered model y on June 10 . The sales man told me he will found a car 1-4weeks . Then I make the order. I received my first vin on June 20 and they will delivery on 28th . I’m so excited. Then the vin and delivery disappeared. My delivery date push back to 20th August . Later on they sign me another vin and the delivery date going to September! Today on July 13th my vin number is disappeared again . And the delivery date going to October . That is maybe understand large order make manufacturing not reaching the order. But ! My friend ordered Tesla model y in China on June 19. He picked up his car on July 12 . I’m wondering the China manufacturing speed are faster than the U.S. I guess China has more order than the U.S . Because they are the largest population of the world . Or Tesla will bo longer respect the U.S customer . Doesn’t matter you buy or not . There is only electricity car brand in U.S .
Tesla ordering/delivery miscues have more to do with logistics than anything else. It's not about 'caring' or not.
Tesla China factory is new and purpose-built, and uses more local, Chinese suppliers. They got thru the COVID issues sooner (since they got them sooner).
The Chinese political environment is very regimented, which also got suppliers back on their feet faster.
Fremont is a old, jury-rigged facility, and uses suppliers which have been more effected by COVID and the politics of (insert your entry here).
Tesla is motivated to deliver as soon as possible. There's just a lot of 'stuff' that's been put in their way.