Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

China Shanghai manufacturing beat U.S manufacturing speed .

masike

Jul 13, 2021
Colorado
I got ordered model y on June 10 . The sales man told me he will found a car 1-4weeks . Then I make the order. I received my first vin on June 20 and they will delivery on 28th . I’m so excited. Then the vin and delivery disappeared. My delivery date push back to 20th August . Later on they sign me another vin and the delivery date going to September! Today on July 13th my vin number is disappeared again . And the delivery date going to October . That is maybe understand large order make manufacturing not reaching the order. But ! My friend ordered Tesla model y in China on June 19. He picked up his car on July 12 . I’m wondering the China manufacturing speed are faster than the U.S. I guess China has more order than the U.S . Because they are the largest population of the world . Or Tesla will bo longer respect the U.S customer . Doesn’t matter you buy or not . There is only electricity car brand in U.S .

Tam

Nov 25, 2012
Visalia, CA
...I’m wondering the China manufacturing speed are faster than the U.S. I guess China has more order than the U.S . Because they are the largest population of the world . Or Tesla will bo longer respect the U.S customer...
I think there are several factors.
1. China factory is brand new that was customized, not a refurbished old Fremont factory.
2. Global chips/parts shortage and current trade war is not helping Fremont.
3. Tesla seems to be more in touch China's customers (such as quickly responded to concerns of TACC sudden acceleration but no such response outside of China.

A55!

May 19, 2021
DFW
giphy.gif

• Funny
Reactions: srlawren and iamnid

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC