Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Chinese Model 3's have the trunk name emblem!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Forgot one. Badges are for those who came from a low income area, but got out and achieved and can now afford a $50,000 car, whereas no one they grew up with ever amounted to anything or left their small town. Then when said person rolls around for a once-in-a-while visit, person enjoys the subtle implication of achievement and the unspoken message of "I told you so" that comes from people saying their ideas wouldn't work, just stay here, get drunk every weekend and watch the game on the big screen tv we bought with our tax refund, etc.

Well, but ok

Plus the badges look good to me. Most cars have them, including Teslas, so why not on the Model 3?

Most cars are also garbage.

I only leave the manufacturer logo badge on my car. Everything else comes off, because symmetry. Also because they snag on microfiber towels, etc.

Forgot one. Badges are for those who came from a low income area, but got out and achieved and can now afford a $50,000 car, whereas no one they grew up with ever amounted to anything or left their small town. Then when said person rolls around for a once-in-a-while visit, person enjoys the subtle implication of achievement and the unspoken message of "I told you so" that comes from people saying their ideas wouldn't work, just stay here, get drunk every weekend and watch the game on the big screen tv we bought with our tax refund, etc.

Plus the badges look good to me. Most cars have them, including Teslas, so why not on the Model 3?
Jesus Christ I don’t like badges either but you’re speaking as if this badge stole your wife..

• Funny
Reactions: SigNC
Or for whatever reason Tesla decided badging was more important for the Chinese market. Is there any other evidence of this? A photo from a single tweet is far from conclusive.

Side note, I like the lack of badging on my 3. It does say “Model 3” on the rear license plate frame but it’s not obnoxious like a separate badge would look.

I even had the Dual Motor badge removed :)

Having the cars so changeable by software upgrades means Tesla badges ideally need to be OLED displays.

Ew, no. No. no no no no. That's worse than the suggestion to make autopilot and FSD only available as a subscription. (well, maybe not really, but it's up there)

It'd increase costs to make, costs to repair, and would make debadging require actual body work to cover the hole.

I got mine before the DUAL MOTOR badge was available. They handed it to me, and offered to apply it for me. I declined.

I still have it - letters on adhesive on a plastic sheet backing.

And I'm always tempted to cut it up and re-order them to put this on my car:

ADULT ROOM

or

MOR ADULT

or

DOOM...

• Love
Reactions: alexGS
Ew, no. No. no no no no. That's worse than the suggestion to make autopilot and FSD only available as a subscription. (well, maybe not really, but it's up there)

It'd increase costs to make, costs to repair, and would make debadging require actual body work to cover the hole.
Apologies for invoking such a response. I had sarcasm mode on as I typed.
I'm happy the SR+ has no badgework. If it said Model 3 on the left and Standard Mode Plus on the other not only will everyone know how cheap I am, but the weight of all that lettering would negatively impact the range!

• Funny
Reactions: run-the-joules
Apologies for invoking such a response. I had sarcasm mode on as I typed.
I'm happy the SR+ has no badgework. If it said Model 3 on the left and Standard Mode Plus on the other not only will everyone know how cheap I am, but the weight of all that lettering would negatively impact the range!

For us who bought 2020 SR+ the fog light LED bar will let people know how cheap we are....

Hmmmmm. Nope, pulled the badges off my performance model. Except for the T.

Let's see if we can trigger a few badge-haters (and chrome haters) with this pic!

2020-01-13 16.14.18.jpg

Reactions: MorrisonHiker