Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Chinook Mall removing Tesla Wall Chargers?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
  • Informative
Reactions: MarcoRP
That is just crazy! I don't go to Chinook very often, but when I do I appreciate the opportunity to get a little charge. This seems to be the opposite of common sense. Why go through the hassle of removing all of that equipment when it's already there.

I wonder if CF wanted Tesla to pay rent for those spaces, and Tesla declined, and CF is removing them out of principle.

Agreed. This makes zero sense to me. While other places are rolling out EV charging infrastructure, here's an organization ripping out chargers for no good reason.

I'm sure Tesla was paying for those spots, but why wouldn't CF want to keep them for shoppers? It really adds fuel (no pun intended) to the fire that Alberta is a bunch of oil guzzling buffoons.

The CF malls in Ontario have all been installing Flo chargers, so it doesn't feel like corporate opposition to charging. They also host a number of superchargers, which Tesla has said they don't pay rent for.

I suspect it's just lack of corporate communication. These chargers were done by the leasing division, customer leaves you take their stuff out. Some other division worries about amenities like EV charging.

The CF malls in Ontario have all been installing Flo chargers, so it doesn't feel like corporate opposition to charging. They also host a number of superchargers, which Tesla has said they don't pay rent for.

I suspect it's just lack of corporate communication. These chargers were done by the leasing division, customer leaves you take their stuff out. Some other division worries about amenities like EV charging.
to be fair.. CF wants the appearance of being "green", while trying to make some "green".

Who the hell uses FLO chargers? They suck, they are over priced, and they require a stupid card to use.

Fairview Park Mall has 1 DC charger and 1 Level 2 charger that are NEVER used.

I specifically park at shopping centres that offer FREE charging. Those business owners get it. It's not about making money from the charger.... it's about bringing the business to your shopping centre. Typically EV owners have money.. and the smart business owners like those that own The Boardwalk in Waterloo, get that premise.

Reactions: GlenM and MarcoRP
It is gone.

Guess it will be a long time before shopping there again.

Attachments

• FE0654D2-3DB7-4ACC-AA09-9035D4BF4DFF.jpeg
    FE0654D2-3DB7-4ACC-AA09-9035D4BF4DFF.jpeg
    274.1 KB · Views: 129