Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Chipped trim from window, driver and passenger ('21 LR)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just noticed I have two identical chips in the black trim of my '21 LR AWD. They are located in the exact same spots on the driver and passenger side.

Luckily I already have a SC appointment scheduled for tomorrow to fix some delivery day items. But damn if its not annoying to look at.

Anyone else experience this?
IMG_7894.JPG
IMG_7895.JPG
IMG_7907.JPG

Tesla said they would be ordering parts. Sounds like it would be covered.

I can’t imagine it’s not covered. It’s clearly a defect for their vehicles. Especially since I’m in Dallas where our cold is around 30° at worst. It’s not like the car was a frozen block of ice in the South Pole.

Tesla said they would be ordering parts. Sounds like it would be covered.

I can’t imagine it’s not covered. It’s clearly a defect for their vehicles. Especially since I’m in Dallas where our cold is around 30° at worst. It’s not like the car was a frozen block of ice in the South Pole.

I was just about to ask where this was and how cold it was - I am in Maryland and sometimes we get nights below 25 degrees. I haven’t had this happened but I’ll make sure to pre heat the cabin now. Sorry to hear about this, I hope Tesla does cover it and takes care of it for you at no cost to you.