Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Chirping noise

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is that noise coming from the dash area or the seat? Mine had a bit of a chirp but not as bad as yours. I opened up the passenger seat back and found a loose plastic ring that is used to secure one of the metal rods in the seats to the frame. Without the plastic ring secured correctly the rod was rubbing against the hole in the frame so it was chirping when I drive over bumps.

Is that noise coming from the dash area or the seat? Mine had a bit of a chirp but not as bad as yours. I opened up the passenger seat back and found a loose plastic ring that is used to secure one of the metal rods in the seats to the frame. Without the plastic ring secured correctly the rod was rubbing against the hole in the frame so it was chirping when I drive over bumps.
I honestly am not to sure where it's coming from. It seems to happen more over bumps. The odd part though, it does not chirp everyday that I drive it. I will have to look at the seat. Thanks

I just posted here to find this chirping. Can't believe you got it on camera, lol. How did you fix it, just pushing up the interior trim up? Is it supposed to be held up somewhere?

Edit: Thanks for this. Just had my wife check while I'm at work and sure enough, the entire liner was unclipped, literally from the driver to passenger side. I should have known better, lol. Clipped it back up and seems to be good. Going to check more later.

Last edited: