Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Chirping/squeaking sound coming from rear when going over bumps/rough road

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There is a very high pitched chirping/squeaking sounds that seems to be coming from the rear seats (I think passenger side?) that happens when I go over bumps or am on a rough road. It happens frequent enough that it is noticeable, but then of course infrequent enough that the service center was unable to replicate the issue.

Any thoughts as to what it could be or how to fix it? I've seen the posts about the front seats squeaking and removing the plastic panel behind it, etc., however this seems to be a different issue.

Thanks in advance!

Try rear door panel. I took it off and taped a cable to stop a rattle. But i ID the noise by sitting in the back and finding the location of the rattle so your car could be different.
I noticed the panel right next to the rear seat was a little loose and the fitment was off. I didn't remove it but pushed it as tight as I could. If that doesn't help you're probably right that it's something inside and I'll need to pull the panels off.

I had a metallic squeak go up ramps/driveways. I thought it was a bunch of things. At first it was not very often till it got to the point that it made noise like clockwork. After a service appt, they diagnosed it to the rear subframe and replaced it. No more squeaks since.

There is a very high pitched chirping/squeaking sounds that seems to be coming from the rear seats (I think passenger side?) that happens when I go over bumps or am on a rough road. It happens frequent enough that it is noticeable, but then of course infrequent enough that the service center was unable to replicate the issue.

Any thoughts as to what it could be or how to fix it? I've seen the posts about the front seats squeaking and removing the plastic panel behind it, etc., however this seems to be a different issue.

Thanks in advance!
My 7 month old Model Y rear seats chirped/squeaked really bad when I first got the car but it has since gone away. Just wait awhile and see is the problem still persist. If it does, you might want to contact Tesla Service because the squeaking can be very annoying.

I noticed the panel right next to the rear seat was a little loose and the fitment was off. I didn't remove it but pushed it as tight as I could. If that doesn't help you're probably right that it's something inside and I'll need to pull the panels off.
Its held in by only two screws, the rest are just clips that need a little pulling force. Hope you get rid of that rattle! 😁

My 7 month old Model Y rear seats chirped/squeaked really bad when I first got the car but it has since gone away. Just wait awhile and see is the problem still persist. If it does, you might want to contact Tesla Service because the squeaking can be very annoying.
I've had the car since Nov 2020. And I've taken it to service, and they said they were unable to replicate, unfortunately, so naturally they didn't do anything about it.

Could it be your rear roofline? I had some taillights installed that needed wiring, but the roofline at the rear was loose. No matter how many times I pushed it back up it kept coming back loose with a chirping cricket sound. Finally just had someone replace the clip and lock it back into place securely.

I finally found the source of my rear seat squeak - not the headrest, nor the bar inside - much more simple. The centre section pulls down to allow long objects to pass through the middle - folding this down removed the squeak. So I sprayed a little silicone in the catch on the left hand side, and added a little to the connecting bar on the rear left seat - pushed the centre section back to vertical and done - simple as that for me.

Hope this helps someone!