Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Choice of Service Center to Taking Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there any advantage to choosing delivery from a different service center? I was a line waiter in Costa Mesa, but I'm wondering if there is an advantage to taking delivery in Marina Del Rey. Thoughts? Also, if I take delivery in Marina Del Rey, will I encounter future service delays scheduling service in Costa Mesa?

You can call their number at the RSVP page and ask what location you are assigned. I live closest to San Francisco (4 city miles), but RSVP'ed at Burlingame (10 miles). I was assigned to Fremont Factory (20 miles away) which works fine for me.

I can take public transportation to Fremont and then Uber over to get my car so it works out well.

Anyone know the criteria for home delivery? We live 174 miles from the nearest delivery center. No practical public transportation other than a 5 hour Greyhound bus ride...
For home delivery I was told they just drop off the car (3rd party) and so no overview, and you MUST pay in full ahead of time. Since we have never even sat in one we thought that too much of a risk so we picked it up at the closest service center, in our case 182 miles away. Fortunately it went smooth and comfort and visibility is second to none.

• Informative
Reactions: DR61
I always wondered about this. With my location, its easy to get to Costa Mesa, Buena Park (do they do deliveries there?) and Marina Del Rey. Personally I think I would want to go to MDR since they seem to get tons of cars there (my buddy lives near there and tells me all the delivery trucks that go there daily). Plus if it helps get my car sooner... :)

I’ve been trying to figure this out myself but haven’t gotten a definite answer. I live in OC, closer to Costa Nesa delivery center but work closer to the Marina Del Ray location. I want to take delivery at the Marina Del Ray SC but not sure if I can. And if there will be tax implications? OC sales tax is lower than LA sales tax

No. Tax is based where you live. So us behind the curtain save a little. Im just glad I dont live in Long Beach anymore where they have addtional city taxes. I believe the sales tax rate there is 10.25%!!!!!

Good! Cuz as much as I want to experience Marina Del Ray delivery center. I’m not willing to pay an extra 1% tax to do it. I’ll take deliver under the bridge if I have to.

Anyone know the criteria for home delivery? We live 174 miles from the nearest delivery center. No practical public transportation other than a 5 hour Greyhound bus ride...
Take the Greyhound Trip . Anything can go wrong at delivery, If your car is delivered to you with major flaws its yours and you have to deal with any corrections. When at the Service Center and if you have a major issue with the quality of your new 3, you can always refuse delivery and even demand a new assigned VIN. According to California Law the vehicle is yours when you actually drive it off the Sales Lot. In the case of a home delivery the vehicle is yours once is gets loaded on transport for the trip home. Just my point of view its about peace of mind over convenience. Good Luck