Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Choosing a SpC in Nav Route

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know this has been somewhat discussed before, but I couldn’t find anything specific to supercharger selection. I know waypoints are coming soon as well in the Nav system.

When planning a Nav Route yesterday, there were 2 SpC within about 30 miles of each other I could stop at to charge at. The Nav system kept picking SpC “B” whereas I wanted to stop at SpC “A” due to the amenities there.

Is there any way to insert a preferred stop in a Nav Route? The only way I could make it work was to simply Navigate to SpC “A” but then not have Range info to the final destination while charging. It’s nice to have the car message you when SpCing and say when you “have enough charge to continue your trip.”

Hope that makes sense. Thanks!

You could certainly stop at SpC A. The nav will figure it out, though it won't tell you how to get there.

Setting the nav to SpC A is the only way to actually navigate there until waypoints finally get here. While at the SpC set the nav to your final destination (or the next SpC you want). It will then notify you when you have enough charge to make the next leg. We navigate that way for most of our trips.

Okay, thanks. That makes sense and kinda what I was doing as well. I’d navigate to the preferred SpC and just before arrival, load up the final destination and then the car sends updates for that while charging.

Can’t wait for waypoints!