Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Choosing an Energy Supplier in NH

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For NH residents, you have probably seen the commercials on WMUR soliciting your business for switching your energy provider from PSNH to an alternate energy service provider. There are a lot of contributing factors, but the end result is that PSNH default service rates have been above market for the past four years and are projected to remain that way. PSNH power generation costs have not been profitable and NH residents have been covering those losses by paying higher than market rates. An enlightening report submitted to the NH Public Utilities Commission can be found in the attached pdf.

With that said, customer migration from PSNH has risen sharply in the last two years due to competition and measurable cost savings. Since our cars plug-in, a lower $$/kwh results in overall reduced operating costs for our Teslas. A list of energy suppliers is provided in the link below. I encourage NH residents to read the report, study the providers, and choose appropriately.

New Hampshire Public Utilities Commission

DISCLOSURE: I work for the parent company of a subsidiary which is one of the service providers on the list. I have personally switched and signed up for 6.6 cents/kw versus PSNH 9.5 cents/kwh.

Attachments

• IR 13-020 PSNH Report - Final.pdf
    629.7 KB · Views: 168
For NH residents, you have probably seen the commercials on WMUR soliciting your business for switching your energy provider from PSNH to an alternate energy service provider. There are a lot of contributing factors, but the end result is that PSNH default service rates have been above market for the past four years and are projected to remain that way. PSNH power generation costs have not been profitable and NH residents have been covering those losses by paying higher than market rates. An enlightening report submitted to the NH Public Utilities Commission can be found in the attached pdf.

With that said, customer migration from PSNH has risen sharply in the last two years due to competition and measurable cost savings. Since our cars plug-in, a lower $$/kwh results in overall reduced operating costs for our Teslas. A list of energy suppliers is provided in the link below. I encourage NH residents to read the report, study the providers, and choose appropriately.

New Hampshire Public Utilities Commission

DISCLOSURE: I work for the parent company of a subsidiary which is one of the service providers on the list. I have personally switched and signed up for 6.6 cents/kw versus PSNH 9.5 cents/kwh.

So which power company did you go with?
Also how long is the 6.6 cents locked in for? And what is the full term of the contract? How much will it cost after the locked in price is over?

These are all important questions to have answers for before switching. Many of these companies are very attractive to switch to but lock you in for a term contract and raise prices after the introductory offer. They also usually have high termination fees. I am weary, but interested.

Thanks

Hey neighbors, given NH superior support of solar , why not make your own elelectricity ?
NH gives a $3,750 rebate on top of 30% federal tax credit.
I used Revision energy in Portland but they are in Exeter.
You could lock in at 8 cents for 25-30 years!

Solar powered MS at home solar powered MS on road!

Good luck

We went with ENH with a 12 month deal for 7.24 cents/KWh. I thought it was a 100% renewable deal, but in looking at their website it may be that I just have the coal free option. The rate is a little higher now, but you can find decent rates among the "energy billers".

I signed up with ENH about 4 months back, the plan I signed up for was "green energy", all renewable. Since then I see the website now calls it "Coal Free"!
They pulled a fast one here.
Back when I signed up I very suspect about 100% green for a little over 7 Cents so I am not too surprised.