Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Choosing CPO is tough. Actual pics?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
85D has greater performance than the 75D. I 75D is similar to the old RWD 85 (non-performance) in terms of performance.

Now don't get me wrong, the dual motor cars have a different feel than the RWD cars, I'm just comparing stuff like 0-60 and such performance.

From all I have read and videos I have watched the P85,P85+ may feel faster as the car is RWD and more tail happy. As the D is more refined pull. D is much better in the rain/snow but, that does not matter to me. I did like the 15 being newer and had AP1. More advancements over time...

HP rates are less on the
85D 422hp
P85. 470hp

I had a 70D for a week and test drove a 100D that same week. (Personally) I did not feel raw power in any of them you just feel a Tq throw you back in your seat and fast (no doubt) with the 100D.

I am more sports car driven person as I have 700hp and a 500hp cars too.

My 2 choices that
15 85D - 14k miles (tech, pana) Cost was 71,000
13 P85 19k miles (has all same features of 2015) plus air ride, carbon spoiler Cost was 57,000

I also plan on modding it...

my 2014 CPO was flawless and, a year later at 30k miles still looks and smells new. leather seats are holding up well and AP1 is a treat. i agree with other comments. CPOs you dont need to look at. its just like buying new. Tesla fixes all the belmishes first. i am pretty sure you even get barnd new tires.

Reactions: Indpowr
my 2014 CPO was flawless and, a year later at 30k miles still looks and smells new. leather seats are holding up well and AP1 is a treat. i agree with other comments. CPOs you dont need to look at. its just like buying new. Tesla fixes all the belmishes first. i am pretty sure you even get barnd new tires.

The closest we can get to the CPO we have on order is a 14 P85 w/ 32k miles. Options are about the same (plus sound and lighting) which does not matter to me. But, cost 6500 more dollars. So, not sure if the extra year and options are worth the 6500 more. I do like the better display and (some pre-lim) issues worked out.

The closest we can get to the CPO we have on order is a 14 P85 w/ 32k miles. Options are about the same (plus sound and lighting) which does not matter to me. But, cost 6500 more dollars. So, not sure if the extra year and options are worth the 6500 more. I do like the better display and (some pre-lim) issues worked out.

I will say that I absolutely LOVE my 2013 P85. The display seems fine to me - I don't have any issues with it. I originally had ordered a 2014 S85, but it was damaged in an accident and I had to switch to the 2013 P85 (I wanted a RED one period, end of story, and it was the only one that fit in my price range at $58k). I have not regretted getting the 2013 one iota. She even has the sweet red-piping trimmed seats that are no longer available.

So I don't think getting a (presumed non-AP) 2014 is necessarily worth $6500. That 2014 might have been built in Jan and yours built in November. To really compare, you should look at the VIN differential, not just the year. January 2014's didn't magically get tons better than the 2013's built a month earlier.

I will say that I absolutely LOVE my 2013 P85. The display seems fine to me - I don't have any issues with it. I originally had ordered a 2014 S85, but it was damaged in an accident and I had to switch to the 2013 P85 (I wanted a RED one period, end of story, and it was the only one that fit in my price range at $58k). I have not regretted getting the 2013 one iota. She even has the sweet red-piping trimmed seats that are no longer available.

So I don't think getting a (presumed non-AP) 2014 is necessarily worth $6500. That 2014 might have been built in Jan and yours built in November. To really compare, you should look at the VIN differential, not just the year. January 2014's didn't magically get tons better than the 2013's built a month earlier.

Vin on the 13 is 13k
Vin on the 14 is 36k

I heard rumors that earlier models had extended leather (which I would love) but not sure if I can tell if it is on the 13 or not.
The 14 is no AP1. Has sound system and lighting package too. Also, folding mirrors and alcantara roof (white).

Mods
I plan on adding black Alcantara anyhow and new nose by unplugged and wheels.

Vin on the 13 is 13k
Vin on the 14 is 36k

I heard rumors that earlier models had extended leather (which I would love) but not sure if I can tell if it is on the 13 or not.
The 14 is no AP1. Has sound system and lighting package too. Also, folding mirrors and alcantara roof (white).

Mods
I plan on adding black Alcantara anyhow and new nose by unplugged and wheels.

Yeah, that's a pretty far apart VIN spacing so that makes for a tougher call. I do have the extended leather on mine (VIN in the 18K range), and it is very nice. The upgraded sound was one of my must-haves, so I would actually lean towards the '14 if it was me. But still, $6500 IS a lot.

Luckily for me, once I had to give up the 2014 and chose the 2013 P85, no other similar cars showed up on my search until after my delivery. By then I was totally enamored and now I no longer care when I see 2014 red cars show up with my specs (my subscription to ev-cpo is still active and I haven't bothered to turn off the notices yet).

EDIT: I just took a look at the VIN on the S85 loaner I am currently driving while my car is at the SC. It is a 12k VIn. And it seems much less well put together than my 18k car. Now, I don't know if that is because it is a service loaner and no one loves it, but it has quite a few rattles and wind noise, and smells of mildew which makes me wonder if its pano roof isn't leaking. It also has a weird float at freeway speeds, but I am not sure if that is the air suspension, since I have coils.

Last edited:
Yeah, that's a pretty far apart VIN spacing so that makes for a tougher call. I do have the extended leather on mine (VIN in the 18K range), and it is very nice. The upgraded sound was one of my must-haves, so I would actually lean towards the '14 if it was me. But still, $6500 IS a lot.

Luckily for me, once I had to give up the 2014 and chose the 2013 P85, no other similar cars showed up on my search until after my delivery. By then I was totally enamored and now I no longer care when I see 2014 red cars show up with my specs (my subscription to ev-cpo is still active and I haven't bothered to turn off the notices yet).

EDIT: I just took a look at the VIN on the S85 loaner I am currently driving while my car is at the SC. It is a 12k VIn. And it seems much less well put together than my 18k car. Now, I don't know if that is because it is a service loaner and no one loves it, but it has quite a few rattles and wind noise, and smells of mildew which makes me wonder if its pano roof isn't leaking. It also has a weird float at freeway speeds, but I am not sure if that is the air suspension, since I have coils.

Did you have the "extended" leather option on your spec shet for 18k Vin 13 P85?

Air would ride a lot smoother than the coil. I personally like coil better as long term out of warranty issues but they both have it. I dont care about sound. My Camaro has a full Hertz/Audison setup and rest are so lack luster. Even my Bermester sound system sucks.
The 14 is a prefered color over the 13 but damn 6500 is a lot of mods LMAO

Did you have the "extended" leather option on your spec shet for 18k Vin 13 P85

Yep:
20170106_205221.png

My 2013 P85 has a VIN of 9XXX and it is solid. No wind noise, squeaks or rattles. I've had loaner cars with higher VIN's and have not noticed any difference in the fit or finish. Although I will say the one I had with 21's and Pano had a harsher ride and was noisier.

Not sure if I can change the car again. Already did it once lol

Decisions after the down payment...55k
13 leaves a car payment of 130
14 leaves a car payment of 250 ... just not sure the extra 120 month is worth it....UGH
15 leaves a car payment of 350

I already have one car payment of 578 for my other car.

Not sure if I can change the car again. Already did it once lol

Decisions after the down payment...55k
13 leaves a car payment of 130
14 leaves a car payment of 250 ... just not sure the extra 120 month is worth it....UGH
15 leaves a car payment of 350

I already have one car payment of 578 for my other car.

The only way to know, is to go back in this thread to post #24, and there is a link to the year-by-year model changes wiki!

You can then determine if the changes are worth the extra money you will pay monthly!