Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Choppy FSD Visualization

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Beginning a few days ago when I was on 2021.44.25.6 and continuing into my current version of 2021.44.30.5 my FSD visualization (both full screen and 1/3 screen) has been choppy. Every few seconds the visualization seems to pause and jump to current time. I've also found that my rear camera, but not side cameras, is exhibiting the same behavior.

Wondering if anyone else has found this to be the case. Couple of relevant pieces of information:
  • I did a soft reboot yesterday that does not seem to have made a difference
  • I live in the Northeast where there is plenty of salt on the road that accumulates where the lane lines would be
  • I have a 2021 Model 3 SR+ MIC
The second point is relevant because it's clear the car is having trouble deciding if those lines are solid or dotted. This tends to flicker accross all lanes. It could be that this extra constant change in the visualization is causing choppiness elsewhere? Seems like a stretch.

Thanks!

Hadn't noticed an issue with the on-screen visualizations (but I don't watch them a ton frame by frame since I'm watching the road)... definitely HAVE seen some chop on the rear cam in reverse recently though.