Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Christmas Delivery Delays

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone else gotten a text from Tesla about their delivery delayed that were expecting in the next few days? My scheduled pickup date was supposed to be Saturday. I just got a text message (on Christmas Eve!) that they will have to push my date back to Monday. No real explanation. Not sure what happened to my car but damn what a way to ruin an already crappy Christmas.

Note: This is the 3rd date that has had to be changed since ordering in early October.

(Model 3 LR Black, White interior, 19 inch Sport wheels)

IMG_0358.jpg

Ordered in Mid Oct. Originally delivery timeframe was late Nov to Mid Dec. Latest delivery window got pushed back to Dec 24 to 31. Still don't have VIN yet. No one at Tesla knows what's going on but somewhat confident about the year-end delivery. I'm not holding my breath at this point. Looking at other alternatives now...

Reactions: inspace2020
I
Ordered in Mid Oct. Originally delivery timeframe was late Nov to Mid Dec. Latest delivery window got pushed back to Dec 24 to 31. Still don't have VIN yet. No one at Tesla knows what's going on but somewhat confident about the year-end delivery. I'm not holding my breath at this point. Looking at other alternatives now...
I really wish there were actually competitive alternatives. I'm hoping by the time I'm ready to sale this car there will be others (traditional and new comers) to choose from. Would love to see what Apple could do in this space. They have a 30+ year tradition of under-promising and over delivering with their products and customer service.

I

I really wish there were actually competitive alternatives. I'm hoping by the time I'm ready to sale this car there will be others (traditional and new comers) to choose from. Would love to see what Apple could do in this space. They have a 30+ year tradition of under-promising and over delivering with their products and customer service.

Yep quite frankly there's none. If I don't go with Tesla route I'm just gonna go for another ICE car. No one is out there to compete with Tesla's supercharging network. Yes taking delivery before the 31st for the one year free charging is attractive for me. I hope Tesla comes through. But in regards to customer service, there is none.

The rumor I heard from a SA was their system was allowing them to schedule deliveries for today (Christmas Day) once someone realized what was happening they pushed all of those ones to Saturday and some of Saturday’s to Sunday etc.

If I don't go with Tesla route I'm just gonna go for another ICE car.
Same here. Wait another car cycle. Hope to find better competitors by then. Or that Tesla changed their freaking ways, which I doubt. It's still a little early for an EV for us anyway, so it might be a blessing in disguise. I say that because there are no superchargers on the route where one of my daughters live, so we'd have to take a massive 150-mile detour to get there. For the other daughter, no issues with the route, other than adding half an hour to an hour, for the longer/more stops, which my wife also doesn't like, since it's already a 9-hr trip as it is, with 3 quick stops. I should Monday if the Tesla is a go or not.

Ordered mid Nov and picked it up mid Dec - Model Y

Same thing happend to me. Had my VIN and delivery date set ready to go on 12/26 (tomorrow). They called 12/24 to confirm my appointment. Then at about 5PM I got a text saying my delivery will be "tentatively" pushed back to 12/28.

I don't wanna complain because they're probably super busy and any mishaps would cause a ripple effect to other orders, but the info they gave on why the order is delayed seems to be generic and half assed. I expected a bit more of an explanation especially when they already had me confirmed the appointment time. And the fact that they gave a "tentative" alternative is just the more frustrating!

Same thing happend to me. Had my VIN and delivery date set ready to go on 12/26 (tomorrow). They called 12/24 to confirm my appointment. Then at about 5PM I got a text saying my delivery will be "tentatively" pushed back to 12/28.

I don't wanna complain because they're probably super busy and any mishaps would cause a ripple effect to other orders, but the info they gave on why the order is delayed seems to be generic and half assed. I expected a bit more of an explanation especially when they already had me confirmed the appointment time. And the fact that they gave a "tentative" alternative is just the more frustrating!

Similar issues in SoCal. My car was supposed to be built on 12/26 and pickup on 12/28. Now I’m hearing it will be built on the 29th, so probably delivery right at the end of the month. Not thrilled with the delay, though it seems par for the course with Tesla.