Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Christmas Lights - Anyone else put theirs up this weekend?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Almost done with mine :)

20221126_214154_resized_1.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: KenC
Yikes, that looks like it'll have more than a little bit of an effect on the Cd.

I am fairly sure that this OP did the same thing last year and even did a video on it. For anyone interested in that, that thread is here:

Haha, that's pretty cool! Do you have more pics?
But you haven't seen mine powered on yet...
Nah, that photo I posted was just some random pic that I found/copied off the interweb. Not my vehicle/roadster, of course.
I’m sure your vehicle will look great when everything is done & powered on… at least at night when you can’t see all the wires/connectors. I really do love the holiday spirit, so keep doing what you’re doing! 👍

What I was hinting at was… instead of using the old-school bulky rope lights, you might want to try/use the really thin, linkable LED strips, like the one shown below. Should look a lot better than what you’re currently using, both during the day and at night.

B059BB18-AF7C-4002-94CA-42BD334C15A3.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: KenC
Nah, that photo I posted was just some random pic that I found/copied off the interweb. Not my vehicle/roadster, of course.
I’m sure your vehicle will look great when everything is done & powered on… at least at night when you can’t see all the wires/connectors. I really do love the holiday spirit, so keep doing what you’re doing! 👍

What I was hinting at was… instead of using the old-school bulky rope lights, you might want to try/use the really thin, linkable LED strips, like the one shown below. Should look a lot better than what you’re currently using, both during the day and at night.

View attachment 882919
I was looking at this type of setup but way more work at the end of the day.

I hear if you spray the lights down with some non-nutritive cereal varnish, it’s totally, totally, untraceable.

At least that’s what my friend, Clark, Told me! 😂😂😂

All kidding aside - This is great, did you post any instruction on this, my kids would love this!

• Helpful
Reactions: Adam3
Isnt that what is in the thread the OP had from last year that I linked in post #3 (a video showing the car, etc)?
Yes, I did notice/see that you had linked the video in an earlier post. Thanks, but that was sooooooooo last year (yeah, I know he actually posted that first video in January 2022). It’s another/new Christmas season and I want to see the sequel production/video!!! :p

Ok, a couple of shorts - pics don't really do it justice.
I still have to add a few (hundred) lights to the nose, but otherwise pretty much done and we've been out having fun with it.

I really like the big video I did last year (not the how-to, the other one), but it took so long to make that I'm not sure I'll do another one like that, but who knows. Maybe my friend Nick will make one this year... He owns the lighted Ford Fusion.
A how-to video for these lights will be quicker to make, so maybe I'll do one of those in Jan...
My plan so far is to just put some shorts out, so stay tuned to my YouTube if you want to see more.

The lights I used are here - https://www.amazon.com/Twinkly-Strings-App-Controlled-Lighting-Decoration/dp/B09SHL31JC/ref=sr_1_4?crid=2T3M1K5JR9Z8W&keywords=Twinkly+Strings+–+App-Controlled+LED+Christmas+Lights+with+600+RGB+W+(16+Million+Colors+++Warm+White)+LEDs.+157.5+feet.+Green+Wire.+Indoor+and+Outdoor+Smart+Lighting+Decoration&qid=1670702031&sprefix=twinkly+strings+app-controlled+led+christmas+lights+with+600+rgb+w+16+million+colors+++warm+white+leds.+157.5+feet.+green+wire.+indoor+and+outdoor+smart+lighting+decoration,aps,146&sr=8-4&ufe=app_do:amzn1.fos.f5122f16-c3e8-4386-bf32-63e904010ad0

They are Expensive and I've seen the prices on this 600 light kit vary from ~$170- $245.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love