Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Christmas Road Trip 2015

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What do you mean, your "inverter may have bit the dust"? Do you mean the hardware that lets the car charge on AC power? That sounds bad. But how did you figure that out while supercharging which is DC direct?
Or do you mean that the USB charge ports in the car are no longer supplying power?
Yes, but how fast you drive and weather are bigger factors.
That is so true. Yesterday I drove from Southern California to Zion in Utah. Headwinds and cold meant that I was averaging over 400wHm between Primm NV and St. George UT. From Barstow CA to Primm NV I averaged close to 500wHm. And the Tesla onboard nav did not accurately predict such high energy usage. I knew it wouldn't, and charged to a much higher level than the nav said I would need. Glad I did.

1245b77ae23f013f950bf50929bb53d7.jpg

That is a great picture!

In Baker City, OR. Remember how I said the plowing might become a problem with reaching the charger cable. Well it is a problem now.

c1b8a4a6bd3164413b4b1e852e81706b.jpg

Ended up moving to a different slot that wasn't buried so bad. Wife commented that something might be wrong with it since it had a blue sticker on the cord. Turns out it still had the protective cover over the metal.

c88ec3dccf9945e88bbecc54333c137b.jpg

You could do it but it would be slower. Both because of charge times (tapering) & speeds you could go. I've wondered if I would have bought the 70D if it was available when I ordered. Before this I would have leaned torward yes. Now I'm not so sure. Still don't think the 90 battery is really worth it.

Now that your trip is done I would value any additional thoughts you have.