Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Christmas Road Trip 2015

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Raw data on the first post. Some minor notes about it that I'll probably fix later. Temperature data on leaving the supercharger is suspect it seems to be pushed higher by charging. Times are local times as far as I know (I'll try to adjust them to be consistent later). I have VisualTesla logs that I haven't even looked at yet which will probably be interesting. There may be transcription errors in the data, I haven't error checked it yet.

creser was willing to drive more, but I didn't want to stop driving much. So read the distances of how crazy I am not how lazy she is.

In Tremonton, UT.

As far as how cold it has been, lowest we saw was -19°F between Price and South Salt Lake. It has warmed up to around 14°F now.

No way!! I just missed you by a couple of hours.. I was there later that afternoon on my way back from Jackson WY to Salt Lake City.

It was -10°C (14°F) while I was charging - good thing the Hampton Inn had a nice fireplace and hot tea :)

The worst was Pocatello though, it was -16°C (3°F) and I needed at least 2 hours on an 80A HPWC to make it to Tremonton.

Can't wait for those 2 or 3 superchargers to get built along I-15 in Idaho!

No way!! I just missed you by a couple of hours.. I was there later that afternoon on my way back from Jackson WY to Salt Lake City.

It was -10°C (14°F) while I was charging - good thing the Hampton Inn had a nice fireplace and hot tea :)

The worst was Pocatello though, it was -16°C (3°F) and I needed at least 2 hours on an 80A HPWC to make it to Tremonton.

Can't wait for those 2 or 3 superchargers to get built along I-15 in Idaho!

Yeah I really wish they would get the superchargers in Wyoming put in so I can use I-80 -> I-25 -> I-70 to get to Kansas rather than dipping all the way down to US-6/191.