Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Christmas update by Christmas? or not?

Will the update make it to all Model 3's by Christmas

• Yes

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • No

Votes: 20 60.6%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
EE70E97D-05A1-40D8-A436-605825A4455E.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: outdoors
The same reason why I don't automatically update a computer's BIOS when each new version is released: If it 'aint broke, don't fix it.

Unless there's a very compelling reason to apply a new version (fixes a major bug or offers something I can't live without), I will avoid applying updates. So far I don't need any of the latest features; for example NoA, dashcam, Atari games, web browser. About the only thing that appeals to me so far is the blind spot monitoring. Give me control over NOT dimming all of the rearview mirrors and CHAdeMO support, then I'll consider it.

The same reason why I don't automatically update a computer's BIOS when each new version is released: If it 'aint broke, don't fix it.

Unless there's a very compelling reason to apply a new version (fixes a major bug or offers something I can't live without), I will avoid applying updates. So far I don't need any of the latest features; for example NoA, dashcam, Atari games, web browser. About the only thing that appeals to me so far is the blind spot monitoring. Give me control over NOT dimming all of the rearview mirrors and CHAdeMO support, then I'll consider it.
I’m the opposite, give me any and all new features/functionality. Happy to be a guinea pig.

Reactions: TT97

Gotcha. I don't care about the games or the barely-functional browser, but I bought this car for autopilot and I intend to always keep it up to date for the latest and greatest in that.