Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Christmas Update Speculation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
...and then there's this :)

https://ww.electrek.co/2019/12/19/tesla-full-self-driving-more-games-holiday-update/

Tesla CEO Elon Musk tweeted tonight that Tesla has a “holiday update” with a few special gifts in store. The update includes a Tesla full self-driving “sneak preview” and popular indie video game Stardew Valley, among other things.

The update should be out to Tesla’s early access system in “a few more days.”

...and then there's this :)

https://ww.electrek.co/2019/12/19/tesla-full-self-driving-more-games-holiday-update/

Tesla CEO Elon Musk tweeted tonight that Tesla has a “holiday update” with a few special gifts in store. The update includes a Tesla full self-driving “sneak preview” and popular indie video game Stardew Valley, among other things.

The update should be out to Tesla’s early access system in “a few more days.”

Anyone have any fun speculation about what Elon means by "FSD sneak peek"? Back in the day (April 2019), we had a FSD trial, but I wouldn't really call that a "sneak peek."

My prediction: smart auto-park...

Attachments

• BC3BBCDE-301D-460B-811C-A378FCB4A9C0.jpeg
    BC3BBCDE-301D-460B-811C-A378FCB4A9C0.jpeg
    574.7 KB · Views: 68
Reactions: willow_hiller
Anyone have any fun speculation about what Elon means by "FSD sneak peek"? Back in the day (April 2019), we had a FSD trial, but I wouldn't really call that a "sneak peek."

That is by far the most interesting question out of this.

Freeway Level 3 wouldn't look anything different than what the cars do today - it'd just have the ability to deal with deer and road debris and no nags. Not exciting to try or preview (even though it's the main thing I really want right now.)

I'm going to guess it's fully automated city driving but still level 2/driver must watch and intervene. We saw that Tesla is now doing traffic lights and stop signs in the last release, though only while AP is engaged.

• Informative
Reactions: willow_hiller
Sneak Peek to me means i can watch a video in my car on the MCU of how it “will operate” in the future. I can’t think of what sneak peek means in actual usable functionality. But technically, a sneak peek is to see or experience. So i guess it’s possible to actually have something functional. Why am i even typing, I’m not making much sense.

• Funny
Reactions: 9erDog
My guess is also something in a parking lot as well given the rules dont apply there. Basically some form of AP in a parking lot while you are in the car versus just smart summon (designed for when you are out of the car).
fun guessing. I bet Monday/Tuesday the guessing is over.