Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Chrome Add Thread for 2021 M3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I didn't want to be 'childish' and keep the chrome so I did chrome delete. lol. Everyone has different preferences.

What I really wish they would change is to have the roof liner made black. It bugs me to no end that it is light gray and should be black in my opinion. The model S had this option and I loved it.

Reactions: Dolemite
This is for us, old people, :) that finds black trims and dark wheels just hideous & childish, and rather loves chromes.

First, it would be necessary to find the best way to have back the chrome delete on windows and cameras on the 2021 model, please submit your suggestions & wrap best options, hoping to have soon companies offering a chrome add precut kit.

Second, let's see not-photoshopped pics of the new aero 18" to understand if they are more silverish as it does appears from the configurator. For sure, they are easier to paint silver than the old ones.

Third, the chrome moulding on the trunk, a bit pricey on Evannex, it should be cheaper options, if you found any other please submit:

chrometrunkmoldingmodel3_grande.jpg

Fourth, the rear bumper accent:

s-l300.jpg

It should be also a bar for the rear bumper that connect the reflectors but i can't find it now.

Any suggestion and links are appreciated.

Agree I have a blue Model 3 long range AWD and want to get the chrome back wherever it makes sense...

Add me to the chrome fan club... Boring and cheap looking without it. I suspect that de-chroming is a fad that will die quickly...

I've been swapping chrome for black trim for almost 2 decades. Was a lot easier on other cars where the lower optioned cars were black trim and people wanted the ugly chrome nonsense to look like they spent more.

• Disagree
  • Funny
Reactions: drdumont and cdswm3
We ordered the black Orbital Wheel covers on Kickstarter & upgraded to silver on indigogo. Arriving very soon.
Orbital

View attachment 630441
View attachment 630442
Are they ready then? That thing of two crowdfunding in 2 different sites makes me unconfortable. I think i'll wait for a selling site.

I've sprayed silver the aero with a spray wrap but i'm afraid is really too delicate....

Old guy here (58). Embrace the chrome… except the frunk emblem – cleaner without IMO. I like the black trim too though it looks better on certain colors that others, but am happy with with the classic blue + silver combo. Not sure I'd add more chrome embellishments, fine as is.

Wheels are TSW Nurburgring Mirror Cut/Gunmetal, 18x8, +35mm, 19 lbs per corner (Aeros for winter). Would love to have spacers for the rear and perhaps a slight drop one day.

IMG-9577b.jpg
IMG-9578.jpg

Reactions: EV Promoter