TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Chrome bubble on Model X Door handle

Discussion in 'Model X' started by knoxphamily, Nov 27, 2019.

1. knoxphamily

knoxphamily New Member

Has anyone experienced a chrome bubble on the Model X door handle? If so, is there a remedy besides replacing? What is the cost to order new handle?

Attached Files:

2. mswlogo

mswlogo Well-Known Member

I suspect replace is your only option. How old is it?

3. knoxphamily

knoxphamily New Member

4. Cloc

Cloc Member

Mine too!

Attached Files:

5. Xminus6

Xminus6 Member

Aren't the "door handles" on our Xes basically a plate adhered to a surface? I seem to recall that it's really just a flat-ish piece of metal. I suppose it needs to be conductive though for the touch sensor to work.

6. Stirthepot

Stirthepot Member

its is just a small thin cover that pops off/on. should be an easy replacement.