Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Chrome delete $2250?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In SoCal average around 650-750 chrome delete the X ...I was actually quoted 700 by a good shop but passed based on my experiences with chrome delete on S (doesn’t hold well over time )

I'm getting a quote in the Seattle area for a chrome delete(satin black vinyl) on the Model X for $2250. That sounds absurd. What should I be looking for? 1K?

~$100-$200 from RPM Tesla for the DIY bits.
~$300 from a local installer for mirrors and window surround

What you quoted is about what a xpel wrap goes for. So yea that sounds a bit expensive...

Seattle Tax + Tesla Tax... Besides if you're talking to NWAS and/or Metropolitan you're talking about two of the highest rated shops in the area. At any given time they have millions in customer cars under their care due to their reputations of doing great work.

There is a Northwest Tesla Owners group on Facebook that's pretty active and have had some good recommendations of less-known shops in the area. I remember a couple in Kirkland getting really good reviews recently.

Nick

Seattle Tax + Tesla Tax... Besides if you're talking to NWAS and/or Metropolitan you're talking about two of the highest rated shops in the area. At any given time they have millions in customer cars under their care due to their reputations of doing great work.

There is a Northwest Tesla Owners group on Facebook that's pretty active and have had some good recommendations of less-known shops in the area. I remember a couple in Kirkland getting really good reviews recently.

Nick
Thanks for the tip!