Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Chrome delete for Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are there any other places for Chrome delete other than OC detailing or SS Customs in Bay area

Also, I have never done any body detailing before so it okay to use DIY chrome delete kit or do it from outside? Any suggestions?

I did my own chrome delete thanks to fellow youtuber (Tesla DIY) . I gotta say it does take time and patience to do it yourself. But if your picky or want perfect chrome delete go to a shop. But i save hundreds of $ just doing it myself
image1(2).jpeg

i added chrome delete with my wrap (for the 3) for $400. same shop would have charged $800 for it by itself. was going to do the same for the X for the same price but decided to try it myself with plastidip. $40 later, I'm satisfied with the results. 2 months later and only had to do a few touch ups to the left wheels after they bump against wheel guide rails in the car wash.

IMG_20190505_150045.jpg

IMG_20190507_164452.jpg

IMG_20190511_154300.jpg

IMG_20190511_162647.jpg

IMG_20190507_184837.jpg

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Skione65
Thanks! This is what I used.

Plasti Dip Rim Kit: 4 Aerosol... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073BSGFS4?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Supposed to use 1 can per wheel but after 6 coats with a can and a half, I used another can and a half for two coats on the rest of the chrome. Left the 4th can for touch ups. All the trim has held up going through the automated car wash twice a week minus a few areas on the wheel.

I only tested the glossifier on the rear chrome trim that goes across the trunk. Decided not to use it on the rest as I wanted the matte look. The good thing about the black sapphire (compared to the basic black) is that it has small metalized particles so gives it a slighter upscale look) :p

In the end I was very impressed considering all the negative stigma surrounding plastidip.

Last edited:
Reactions: Skione65