Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Chrome delete for MX in NJ

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I did. I am surprised you did not get any hits with a forums search. Where in NJ are you? I had it done in Cherry Hill.

AODetail is the name of the company

I had a lot of things done, so I cannot tell you this would be your cost for just chrome delete. Mine could have been sort of a 'package' deal. But my cost was $750.

I think this price could vary widely by company. There are a variety of ways it can be accomplished, and not everyone does a good job. When I was looking for someone to do it, some companies would not do it because "it would not last". Typically these companies are doing something wrong or don't know how to or willing to do it properly. I am very happy with mine and trust that AODetail would take care of any issues. Definitely cannot put it through a car-wash or use high pressure washers on it though.

Whoever you choose, make sure you are very comfortable with their work and they have plenty of experience.

If you do go to AODetail, let Nick know I sent you. He will take good care of your X.

Reactions: KerryOH
@Daisame Thanks for the info. I found a post in TMC about Wrap that NJ in Hanover. Dropped off my car today. Will post back in a few days.

I did. I am surprised you did not get any hits with a forums search. Where in NJ are you? I had it done in Cherry Hill.

AODetail is the name of the company

I had a lot of things done, so I cannot tell you this would be your cost for just chrome delete. Mine could have been sort of a 'package' deal. But my cost was $750.

I think this price could vary widely by company. There are a variety of ways it can be accomplished, and not everyone does a good job. When I was looking for someone to do it, some companies would not do it because "it would not last". Typically these companies are doing something wrong or don't know how to or willing to do it properly. I am very happy with mine and trust that AODetail would take care of any issues. Definitely cannot put it through a car-wash or use high pressure washers on it though.

Whoever you choose, make sure you are very comfortable with their work and they have plenty of experience.

If you do go to AODetail, let Nick know I sent you. He will take good care of your X.

How is this chrome delete actually accomplished? Is it a wrap?
I'm thinking if I ever get a Model Y I'll want the reverse, to make the door handles look chromed!

It can depend on what the installer feels comfortable with. Some parts may be painted, while others are wrapped with vinyl. Mine was a mixture of both.

It would be awesome if you could get these vehicles optioned with either Chrome or deleted, but they like to keep the build process as straight forward as possible, so I am not going to hold my breath for that any time soon (or ever).