Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Chrome delete in Dallas?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Members on our FB page have suggested places like Exotic Auto Bay (Garland), Texas Audio Customs (Garland), Fortune Wrap (McKinney). There are others.

Figuring out which one to use will take some careful questioning based on your requirements.

Following for recommendations. Just got a 2015 Model S and Speed Shield quote for a chrome delete was. . .gulp. . .$2,000-$2,200. Saw a post from 2018 that said Speed Shield would do a chrome delete for $1,000. I guess the two fold increase would be due to all the chrome that's been added to my car since then. LOL. Any current suggestions would be appreciated. Also, interested in a mobile service that might do my chrome delete onsite. TIA.

I am looking for a place to do chrome delete as well, anyone have an updated place they've had it done and cost? I've seen kits for sale for a couple hundred bucks, may have to go that route if i can't find a reasonably priced place in Texas.

I had a buddy do mine for $200 at the beginning of 2019.

Over 3 years, some of the vinyl had cracked, and so I am currently having another shop re-do (since Tesla wouldn't sell me black trim for $2k); will see price/how it turned out later this week.

I personally think anything over $600 is too much for just a chrome delete, but there's the Tesla-tax that most shops charge, especially with all-in-one vinyl kits, cut to length, available for $100.

Just picked up my car.

Madworks Customs in Lewisville charges ~$500 for a chrome delete, which I think is a reasonable price. Looks as good/better than the first time I got it wrapped! Very happy with the results!
That’s awesome! That does sound like a reasonable price. Guess I know where I’m getting mine done! How long did it take?

For just a chrome delete, it should be about a day turnaround, as long as you schedule it (I'd recommend scheduling in advance if you want to minimize downtime, or you can contact them to see if you can drop off, and they can get done between other jobs).

They had to remove my old vinyl, install a couple things, measure/gameplan for some additional modifications, check new wheel clearance/roll fenders, so it took a bit longer than that for me.

For the chrome delete: I was initially planning on just touching up the few cracked places myself, so I ordered the precut Nikola Pro Chrome delete kit.

I haven't gotten new pictures since picking up the car yesterday, but can snap some later today/tomorrow. Otherwise, I have pics on IG (same handle) of how it looked previously.

Flat black/satin black vinyl is what I went with for the trim/mirrors, I have white vinyl on the door handles, and all badges removed.

For the chrome delete: I was initially planning on just touching up the few cracked places myself, so I ordered the precut Nikola Pro Chrome delete kit.

I haven't gotten new pictures since picking up the car yesterday, but can snap some later today/tomorrow. Otherwise, I have pics on IG (same handle) of how it looked previously.

Flat black/satin black vinyl is what I went with for the trim/mirrors, I have white vinyl on the door handles, and all badges removed.
Nice man. I’ll go check it out and thanks again!