TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Chrome Delete in PNW / Seattle Area?

Discussion in 'Model 3: Interior & Exterior' started by HannoverFist, Aug 30, 2018.

1. HannoverFist

HannoverFist Member

Doing the initial legwork to get costs on tint / paint protection / chrome delete. My usual go-to, Accutint in Bellevue, told me that they really don't "like" to do chrome delete on these for a number of reasons: excessive time to apply, potential problem areas like under the folding mirrors, etc - all of which drive up their cost to the consumer.

Any other folk out there have recommendations for vendors that have done/will do the chrome delete for reasonable price and quality?

Thanks!

-HF

2. NetBrowned

NetBrowned Member

Kenriko has said he will start selling some on Amazon early next month. He already sells a super nice DIY kit for wrapping the console and door areas that are that dust/fingerprint magnet piano black.

3. HannoverFist

HannoverFist Member

Good to hear. I have one of his Console kits sitting in front of me right now for application this long weekend.

4. CaptainAwesome

I had my car done with full PPF stealth and tint at Accutint Bellevue. Think it was the first one they did. They were supposed to do a chrome delete as well, but only got the side markers/cameras done before they ran out of time. I had it rescheduled and they came back and said they weren't going to do them anymore because people were having issues with the corners lifting. I spoke to a couple other places that recommended Gorilla Mad Film Wraps. I got a quote from them and it was like $1k, so I haven't decided whether I want to go that route.

Also been trying to find a shop that will paint or powdercoat the trim, but no luck yet.

5. HannoverFist

HannoverFist Member

Captain Awesome - thanks for that info. If you find someone who will paint or powdercoat, please let us know!

6. Evergreen

Evergreen Member

Wondering if anyone came across any new info about paint/powdercoat?

7. CaptainAwesome

I haven't had time to deal with it yet. I did see this post this week where someone had his chrome delete painted (though not local): P3d mods done.