Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Chrome delete in Southern CA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I went the plasti-dip route and spent around $50 total. While it isn't the same as wrapping everything, it looks exactly the same unless you're a few inches away. Took me literally an entire day (8 hours), which included 3/4 coats (had to wait about 45 mins between each). As long as you mask off everything and clean the trim well, it's a solid option.

$149 for self installation? Seems like a good deal if it is really that easy to do yourself? I remember friends paying over $800 for shops to do it for them. But they got the carbon fiber look.

Agree, $149 is a good price compared to the $800-1000 I was being quoted for professional install. Mine just arrived this week so haven't had time yet to try installing but there are lots of posts on here about it, seems pretty easy. They also give you 2 sets with the order in case you need to redo something.

I went the plasti-dip route and spent around $50 total. While it isn't the same as wrapping everything, it looks exactly the same unless you're a few inches away. Took me literally an entire day (8 hours), which included 3/4 coats (had to wait about 45 mins between each). As long as you mask off everything and clean the trim well, it's a solid option.

I also plastidipped mine. been a year since and so far so good. cheap but looks great and easy to peel off

I got the NikolaPro kit a few weeks ago and installed it myself on our new 2020 MX. It wasnt hard just time consuming as you have to be slow and patient. I did it over 4 days in my garage whenever I felt like it and had time. The kit is of top notch quality though and the fact that its precut down to a mm makes it very easy since you don't have to cut the vinyl on the car. Everything is labeled very well and you get 2 pieces of each so you are covered when you screw up ( I did screw up 2 pieces). The car turned out great and I would do it again in a heart beat...was quoted $800 for this by a shop.

I wish there was a color-keyed option for the door handles. I need them in blue

You may be able to make your own. I've been looking for the same in red. I found a site that offers samples for a few dollars. I ordered a bunch of red samples. Planning to find the one that matches the closest and using the door handle wraps that come with the kit as a template to cut out the color matched wrap. Car Wrap Brands, Colors & Shades | Metro Restyling