TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Chrome delete Model S - P100D (spray or wrap?)

Discussion in 'Model S' started by david_did, Jan 21, 2017.

1. david_did

david_did New Member

Just picked up my 1st Tesla. Quite awesome. I am getting window tint put on right now as i write this. Huper Optik is the way to go IMO.
    I would like to know if anyone has recommendations on deleting the chrome. I have no experience in this area. The little research I've done has come up with vinyl wrap or spray like:

Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanx

2. Tech_Guy

Tech_Guy Ludicrous + you say, well I got Ludicrous -

#2 Tech_Guy, Jan 21, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2017
    When I did my chrome delete the shop recommended paining some things and vinyl wrapping others... below the mirror for example they recommended painting because the vinyl wrap can peal up when the mirrors fold.... I also had them powder coat my wheels to match the wrap and fully cover the car in clear bra to protect the paint... They did everything for me at one shop even tint the windows and sunroof. The place I used was Elevated Auto Concepts in Pasadena (626) 793-7141 they used all 3m products for tint and vinyl wrap...

3. Tsportline

Tsportline Vendor

• Like x 1