Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Chrome Delete on Blue Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
More pics, from a distance please!

Just snapped a few more from my phone.
IMG_7287.JPG
IMG_7285.JPG
IMG_7286.JPG

Just wanted to share a few detail images of my chrome delete job on the Model X. Overall, I'm pretty satisfied, but I'm still working with the detailer to fix a few snags on the vinyl around the folding mirror. The left mirror keeps ripping off when the mirror folds, while the right mirror seems to be fine.

Anyhow, here are some images...
View media item 115077
View media item 115080
View media item 115079
View media item 115078
Awesome, job, did you use vinyl for all of it? Where did you use the black satin paint? How long did the installer tell you the vinyl would hold up before it peels back?

Awesome, job, did you use vinyl for all of it? Where did you use the black satin paint? How long did the installer tell you the vinyl would hold up before it peels back?
They mentioned up to 8 years that they've seen with customers who take good care of the car. I'd probably more reasonably expect 3-4 years. I also installed 3M Clear Bra in the front (bumper, side panels, hood, and mirrors) and I'm hoping that'd last longer.

The only satin black paint used was for the rear (for the blade with TESLA lettering, and the 90D lettering). Elsewhere, it was all vinyl.