Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Chrome delete on deep blue, questions/advice

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

I have a 2017 Model S in Deep Blue w/ a White Interior and I'm thinking about getting it chrome deleted and some other work.

My question is: does anyone have advice of how to do this and have it look good?

Other question: Do you think the T on the front/back should remain chrome? I feel like T in matte black would look odd against the paint surrounding it but not sure. In some non-blue chrome delete photos I do see that some opt to keep the front one chrome at least (can't see the back in the photos but assume its the same).

I'm also considering getting my stock 19" wheels powdercoated to black to match the chrome delete, but probably not matte. I'm not a huge fan of matte (but like the look of the standard 3M used for chrome delete).

Any other work you recommend?

Getting the itch to change the aesthetics a bit!

I would personally leave the T's chrome. it gives it a bit of contrast.

leave the wheels silver or go aftermarket.

the blue already makes the car look dark, if you completely black out everything else. it just makes the car less attractive in my opinion.

We had ours done with a dark gray vinyl to match the wheels. The T emblem was left silver.

20180401_161619.jpg

Reactions: tracksyde
Agree with @kev1n... black everything else out, but leave the Ts chrome. That’s what I’ve always done and am in the process of doing now. Nosecone is almost finished. Window trim will take a little more time (I’m doing it myself so am experimenting and re-doing if I’m not happy with the results).