Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Chrome Delete on White M3P

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello, just wanted to share some pics of my M3P with chrome delete. I got the Tesbros kit and it came well documented with a backup piece for every cut of vinyl. Was very time consuming, but I like the end result.

Will be taking in for full front PPF and window tinting tomorrow. Really enjoying this car!

IMG-6498.jpg
IMG-6499.jpg
IMG-6500.jpg
IMG-6506.jpg
IMG-6507.jpg

Make the tint installer aware that the chrome pieces are wrapped.

Installers have to fake out the door while it's open so that the window goes all the way up allowing them to put the tint on. While they're waiting for the tint to dry enough to allow it to roll down to shut the door, they usually close the door to the point where the window is resting on the chrome piece above it. When it's chrome, there is no issue. When you have a chrome delete, the window can rub a small hole in your wrap.

Happened to me. Installer ended up redoing that entire piece for free. Just worth mentioning to avoid headache.

Make the tint installer aware that the chrome pieces are wrapped.

Installers have to fake out the door while it's open so that the window goes all the way up allowing them to put the tint on. While they're waiting for the tint to dry enough to allow it to roll down to shut the door, they usually close the door to the point where the window is resting on the chrome piece above it. When it's chrome, there is no issue. When you have a chrome delete, the window can rub a small hole in your wrap.

Happened to me. Installer ended up redoing that entire piece for free. Just worth mentioning to avoid headache.

Thanks for the advice and all set with the tint. Was a great shop and he’s done loads of Tesla’s. Apparently the Model 3 rear window is a huge challenge and you really only have one shot at it.

Came out nice though!

960CAF86-5ACC-4242-B646-D3CBBA3C0A71.jpeg
F1614D4E-99E1-46D4-9F50-8BFF88ABE874.jpeg

Reactions: jostrick and augkuo