Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Chrome delete on white model 3 - white or black door handles?

chrome delete with white or black door handles

• white

Votes: 98 48.3%
  • black

Votes: 105 51.7%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a white MS and have black handles and love it.

BUT,

I would like matching white handles just as much.

BUT

If the white handles were not the exact same white as the body, I think it would look tacky. At this point, then would rather have the contrast, so Black handles it is!

Can I vote for all three colors variations?

• Funny
Reactions: omar and P85_DA
I would prefer the white if it would match...

The Abstract Ocean option made me say no...
Tesla_White__70619.1531079194.jpg

I will be going with Franz and his decision to do body colored handles on his red as well as the silver show cars. Part of the minimalism is to make them fade away so you don't even notice them.

Come to think of it, if the pearl white vinyl is close, what if the chrome delete were done in white? The windows are already large, and the black just makes the window look a bit bigger still. hmmm

Reactions: T34ME
The purist in me will have a difficult time choosing white handles, because there is no way that the white wrap will match exactly with the white paint. I’m sure it will be close but never perfect. But if you choose black, there is nothing to match. I chose black and I love the look!
A5D68639-5FE5-4063-9F03-650759FBBF41.jpeg

Reactions: omar
The purist in me will have a difficult time choosing white handles, because there is no way that the white wrap will match exactly with the white paint. I’m sure it will be close but never perfect. But if you choose black, there is nothing to match. I chose black and I love the look!
View attachment 320921

Slap a carbon fiber spoiler on that M3 and call it done!

Reactions: lupend88
I say black, for what it's worth. I like contrast more than a uniform slab of color, and would prefer it on Franz's car as well.

How much are you guys paying for this? I want to get a tint at least, but if this stuff is relatively affordable, I might go for it. I watched some videos where they did chrome delete + ceramic coating and, well, it does look pretty good...

Reactions: omar
I say black, for what it's worth. I like contrast more than a uniform slab of color, and would prefer it on Franz's car as well.

How much are you guys paying for this? I want to get a tint at least, but if this stuff is relatively affordable, I might go for it. I watched some videos where they did chrome delete + ceramic coating and, well, it does look pretty good...

I found one shop in the Bay Area that will do the chrome delete for $550. Most shops are charging close to $1000!

I think the white handles works best in principle. I want to do that as well. However I have the same concerns as others about the ability to match the color. I’m torn, but hope some suppliers will figure it out.
I think I may have my painter just shoot the handles with Tesla Pearl White paint.........if he can etch the chrome to get the paint to stick. He is a young Mexican who does beautiful work. We'll see. What's half a car dollar extra in the scheme of things? (one car dollar = US$1,000) o_O

Last edited: