Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Chrome delete on white model 3 - white or black door handles?

chrome delete with white or black door handles

• white

Votes: 98 48.3%
  • black

Votes: 105 51.7%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I like the black handles but was tempted by the white. I would be concerned the doors might get scratched more from passengers not seeing them on entry. My Pearl White will be here in 13 days! 3M Clear bra day 1, Tint day 2, Chrome Delete Day 3!

Hey Turbo,
Did you find a shop in Cali to do a 1 piece back window film?
If you dont mind me asking how much is clear bra , and tint

TIa

I think the determining factors are the wheel color and how many other black accents you have ....when you black out the wheels you need to add a few black accents on the body (like side markers) to balance out the colors otherwise it looks weird - like you're rolling around on cheap spare tires with hubcaps missing

If you keep the silver/light color wheels then the black chrome delete around the windows and white door handles kind of blend in nicely

Light Wheels - Could go black or white and look good
Dark Wheels - Need black handles

I personally prefer Omar's second pic as it has a good "balance" while the silver wheels and white handles (in Allb18c's pic) is probably what I would if I had a white car as I never liked wheels darker than anthracite.

I think the determining factors are the wheel color and how many other black accents you have ....when you black out the wheels you need to add a few black accents on the body (like side markers) to balance out the colors otherwise it looks weird - like you're rolling around on cheap spare tires with hubcaps missing

If you keep the silver/light color wheels then the black chrome delete around the windows and white door handles kind of blend in nicely

Light Wheels - Could go black or white and look good
Dark Wheels - Need black handles

I personally prefer Omar's second pic as it has a good "balance" while the silver wheels and white handles (in Allb18c's pic) is probably what I would if I had a white car as I never liked wheels darker than anthracite.

Great points... my wheels are dark. Maybe black is the way to go.

Reactions: hapa_toast
Man I was looking so forward to setting my pearl white 3LRD apart from the crowd by going with the Stormtrooper look, but now all I'm reading about is more and more people doing chrome deletes! :p

Perhaps the way to stand out is undeletes? ie making the area stand out even more by use of lurid colour. I reckon a white model would look pretty good with orange highlights. If only the paint companies would talk to Stuart Semple and get him to do an orange for their dip....

CULTURE HUSTLE - Online store for the world's artyist art materials - home of Stuart Semple's super-saturated colour paints

You don't know how badly I wanted some of his 'Lit' powder on my previous car.

LIT - the world's glowiest glow pigment, 100% pure LIT powder by Stuart Semple

Reactions: EVGhost3 and T34ME
Perhaps the way to stand out is undeletes? ie making the area stand out even more by use of lurid colour. I reckon a white model would look pretty good with orange highlights. If only the paint companies would talk to Stuart Semple and get him to do an orange for their dip....

CULTURE HUSTLE - Online store for the world's artyist art materials - home of Stuart Semple's super-saturated colour paints

You don't know how badly I wanted some of his 'Lit' powder on my previous car.

LIT - the world's glowiest glow pigment, 100% pure LIT powder by Stuart Semple
I like the thought, but as a working professional that needs to use my car for business, even black for a chrome delete is pushing it. I don't think I could pick any other color and have it still look "professional" enough to drive clients around.

Reactions: Lasairfion
Well if you're going to go the Stormtrooper route having a good mixture of white and black is the proper way to do it. If you look at the Stormtrooper armor it's basically white with black breaks in the joints at regular intervals.

Basically the factory chrome "breaks" up the white paint scheme so you can just black wrap the chrome to keep that same interval going.

White paint, dark tint, black chrome delete will look great!

star-wars-first-order-stormtrooper-sixth-scale-hot-toys-feature-902536.jpg

I will be going with Franz and his decision to do body colored handles on his red as well as the silver show cars. Part of the minimalism is to make them fade away so you don't even notice them.

Come to think of it, if the pearl white vinyl is close, what if the chrome delete were done in white? The windows are already large, and the black just makes the window look a bit bigger still. hmmm

Can some of you who have done handle wraps post detailed photos, including closeup, mid-open, etc.? I like the look of what Franz did, but I know I won't like it if there's even a little difference with body color, or if there's seams, edges, etc. visible to the eye or touch. Pending photo evidence, I'm thinking the only way to get there is an actual dismount-and-paint, and (especially for multi-coat) I think that's probably impractical. (For me; ymmv.)

This might be a bit against the grain but I decided on white handles. They're not a 100% match (handles from Abstract Ocean) but they're close enough to where they don't drive me mad.

I actually had black handles installed at first but the shop did a sloppy job with them so it made my decision a bit easier. Black handles looked great as well, definitely more of a stealth look but ultimately I'm happy with my decision.

Thank you again for your input everyone! This forum is a great place to create and share and I truly value that.

IMG_4412.jpg
IMG_4406.jpg
IMG_4404.jpg
IMG_4413.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_4412.jpg
    IMG_4412.jpg
    280 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_4406.jpg
    IMG_4406.jpg
    687.6 KB · Views: 76
This might be a bit against the grain but I decided on white handles. They're not a 100% match (handles from Abstract Ocean) but they're close enough to where they don't drive me mad.

I actually had black handles installed at first but the shop did a sloppy job with them so it made my decision a bit easier. Black handles looked great as well, definitely more of a stealth look but ultimately I'm happy with my decision.

Thank you again for your input everyone! This forum is a great place to create and share and I truly value that.

View attachment 323743 View attachment 323744 View attachment 323745 View attachment 323746

Looks great !!

Reactions: omar

View attachment 323743 View attachment 323744 View attachment 323745 View attachment 323746

Very NICE!!

Reactions: omar