Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Chrome delete on white model 3 - white or black door handles?

chrome delete with white or black door handles

• white

Votes: 98 48.3%
  • black

Votes: 105 51.7%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Initially I went for white but changed to satin black last minute. Part of the problem is finding vinyl that is the same as the pearl white color readily available by local installers. You can order vinyl matching our paint code online if you really want to go with white. I'm very happy with black.

Reactions: omar
Going to get a satin black chrome delete on my white model 3. Thinking of getting the brake calipers and front and rear emblems painted red. I've got the aero wheels, but bought the wheel kit and lug nut covers. Anyone else go with or considering this look? I think the red on front and back might add a nice pop, especially when combined with the calipers. Having trouble finding pictures or videos of anyone doing the same. Otherwise would just go with black on the emblems.

Here's what chrome delete looks like with a touch of red calipers. I liked the black and white look without the calipers red but I also like the pop of color. I go back and forth with it daily.

0.jpg

I have a silver metallic (with aeros) on order and trying to decide on the details. Would love your guys' input. Here's what I'm definitely doing so far:

-Xpel Stealth wrap & ceramic coating
-Painting brake calipers red
-Tint all around except windshield - probably around 35%

Just trying to decide on chrome delete. Really intrigued by the ideal of color matching door handles silver - saw a silver with black handles on google images and wasn't really into it. On window trim & mirrors might do black, color match, or just leave stock. Thoughts?

Need your input M3 Pearl White door handle wrappers: There are after-market sellers who offer "pearl white multi-coat" and the most popular seems to be Nikola Pro Tesla. Can you tell me what your experience is with which vinyl wrap company makes the "closest color match" to the Tesla multi-cost, I mean multi-coat, factory pearl white color? Thank you!

Model 3 Vinyl Door Handle Trims (4 pack)

This isn't a wrap. This is more of a super thin press-and-hold transfer material. I've used it quite a few times and it really matches the Tesla white - as opposed to 3M.
It says in the description that it's 3M 1080 Vinyl. That's the most common material used to wrap vehicles.

IMG_0927.jpg

I wrapped my handles while I was doing my chrome delete to match my carbon graphite wheels. Cost me less than $100 to wrap all the chrome trim on the car, plus the piano black console. I think it looks great.

Reactions: omar