TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Chrome Delete Pic for Deep Blue?

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by syosh, Apr 3, 2016.

1. syosh

syosh Member

I'm considering doing a chrome delete on my Deep Blue Metallic. Does anyone have a picture of this combo?

2. Sm4llz

Sm4llz Member

Just had mine done last week. :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. DÆrik

DÆrik Member

Looks great Sm4llz! I live just outside of Denver, do you have anyone you can recommend? Also is yours dipped or wrapped?

Thanks Erik

4. Sm4llz

Sm4llz Member

Mine was wrapped in vinyl by Elite Auto Salon in Colorado Springs. They did an amazing job.

• Helpful x 1
  5. DÆrik

DÆrik Member

Thanks for the info!

A little off topic, are those the 19" T-Sportline rims? I was thinking about buying the same. Very nice choices on that one!

Thanks Erik

6. Sm4llz

Sm4llz Member

Good eye :) I ordered them back in November when they were back ordered and got them about a month ago. Huge upgrade from the stock wheels (which are now my winter wheels) imo.

I did the carbon fiber lower chrome, door handles, and Avery red front and rear Tesla logos from rpmtesla. I ordered a lighted rear applique in deep blue metallic which should be in this coming week.

.... Then I'm done.. Otherwise I'm sure my wife will question my sanity.

7. DÆrik

DÆrik Member

Great choice of mods! Be sure to post pictures of the lighted rear applique, curious to know how you like it.

Thanks. Erik

8. syosh

syosh Member

Excellent. Thank you very much. Looks awesome. I think my decision is made. Going for the delete.

9. Sm4llz

Sm4llz Member

I think you'll enjoy not having all those finger prints on the chrome.

10. jasonchan

jasonchan Member

This is awesome! I'm getting chrome delete done for my Blue MX. This gives me a good idea of what to expect when I pick it up on Monday. Thanks for sharing!

• Informative x 1
  11. dwoo0418

dwoo0418 Member

Quick question, what are the pros/cons of plasti-dip vs. wrap?

12. morrisdl

morrisdl Member

I dont have personal experience, but been researching this...seems like Plastidip is easier and possibly DIY, but less durable. The chrome on the door that extends beyond the window tends to get a lot of wear closing the door.

13. Jimmy 1

Jimmy 1 Member

My greatest fear....I die...and my wife will sell everything a the price I told her I paid for it.

• Funny x 2
    • Like x 1