Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Chrome Delete: Satin or Carbon Fiber on Red?..Explain your reason

What chrome delete?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think it’s entirely possible to have too much carbon fiber, especially on the outside and especially when it’s a wrap instead of the real deal. I wouldn’t think it would look good and lean towards the F&F side.

I have CF covering the wood dash, the performance spoiler, and soon to be mirror caps (only after I get a satin chrome delete), all in matte rather than glossy, and I think that will be tasteful.

However, these are just my personal opinions and as they say like assholes, everyone has one so...if you do end up with CF for the chrome delete, please post pics. I would love to see it. Can’t say I’ve ever seen trim like that in CF and I might like it.

Reactions: sbtz and TLLMRRJ
Getting a chrome delete on my red tomorrow. I'm torn between the two. My interior is going to be carbon fiber, but want more info on the durability and aesthetics of the satin vs carbon fiber.

I have CF matte wrap on my mirror caps (my model 3 is blue) and it has been wrapped for an entire year and still looks like it was just put there. Even people from tesla comment on how "sporty" my model 3 looks compared to all of the other ones they see (both service center employees, and just recently the powerwall installer who has been a tesla electrician for about 6 years now, and has been doing solar and powerwalls almost exclusively that long. He told me that "most" Powerwall installs have a tesla car, so he has soon tons of them, and was surprised at how mine looked.

With that being said, color is subjective, and "explain your reason" doesnt make sense to me on a "which color should I buy?!?!?" post.

EDIT: my chrome delete is satin black, the mirror caps are carbon fiber wrap, and the interior console and dash are wrapped in carbon fiber (matte) wrap.

Last edited:
@jjrandorin, sounds like you have an incredible setup. Would you happen to have any pictures? I would love to see how yours look! And did you do the mirror cap wrap yourself? That extreme bubble I would think would be impossible to wrap so either you or your wrapper must be extremely good!

@jjrandorin, sounds like you have an incredible setup. Would you happen to have any pictures? I would love to see how yours look! And did you do the mirror cap wrap yourself? That extreme bubble I would think would be impossible to wrap so either you or your wrapper must be extremely good!

I didnt do it myself, I had it professionally done at a shop in san diego that is very well respected, called "SD Wrap". My model 3P was the cheapest car in their shop when I took it there (Lambo's, porsche 911 turbos, Ferrarri's, Range Rovers, high end Jags, etc.)

I went with the carbon fiber wrap on the mirror caps because I had always wanted CF mirror caps on my BMW but never did it, because it was a lease and I didnt feel like reversing it on vehicle turn in. CF mirror caps is a very common "sporty" vehicle "tell" so I didnt think it would look out of place. Very happy with how it came out, and adds a bit of individuality.

They take the mirror caps off to wrap the chrome on the side window arms. What my car actually looks like is:

Model 3P with performance pack, 20" OEM silver rims, Red calipers
Exterior chrome delete with Satin Black covering all window trim, side mirror arms, Side camera repeaters
Small red Tesla "T" emblems on side camera repeaters (same red color as OEM red brake calipers)
Exterior Mirror caps wrapped with Matte Carbon Fiber wrap
Exterior "rear diffuser" area on the rear facia wrapped with matt carbon fiber wrap) - very bottom area that was black on rear facia
Exterior OEM Carbon Fiber spoiler (not wrapped, OEM spoiler)
Exterior OEM Tesla "T" emblems painted Satin Black and re installed by wrap company
Interior wood dash covered in matte carbon fiber wrap
Interior black console wrapped in matte carbon fiber wrap.
Exterior window tint on all windows except front windshield of 20% 3M crystalline (including back window, and roof glass)

I have had the car for a little over a year, all the wrap looks like it was just put there.

My car is very dirty atm but I will look to see if I have any pics... I do somewhere, but am not one who takes a lot of pics in general so I dont have a ton of car pics.

Edit: Found a couple I took in my driveway. Car is still dirty in this picture so /shrug lol
IMG_3840.JPG
IMG_3839.JPG
IMG_3841.JPG
IMG_3842.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: 6thDAY and jmaddr