Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

'Chrome delete' standard

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

supposing that M3/MY are supposed to make money for Tesla it does seem illogical to have identical parts (door handles, mirror supports, front side camera surrounds, and possibly parts of the side window surrounds, plus some of the badging) in chrome AND black versions.

Having ordered blue, we really hope for chrome to become an option before delivery - or we'll opt back to black and save a little money.

• Disagree
Reactions: ElectricIAC
If I had a white car with silver wheels, I would want chrome trim. If I white car with black wheels, I would want black trim. So as someone suggested earlier, it really depends on how the whole car looks with everything put together.
agreed. i got the white with silver wheels. i got the black interior so something tells me the black wheels would look cool, but don't want the extra cost or the 20's. but i'm also a bit of a steampunker. i am thinking of doing the wheels AND black trim in something like antique bronze or copper with plasti-dip. we shall see.

I'd still like the 18's, for the lower cost of tires, and more flexible rubber for a smoother ride. Looks as if that ship has sailed. I'm not going to drag race the car, nor take fast turns in the mountains with it. The silverish color of the 19" Gemini's don't really bother me (much), yet black or dark grey Gemini might be better. Another 2 grand to make a stiffer ride and cost more later? Nope.

Reactions: Marvin
If I had a white car with silver wheels, I would want chrome trim. If I white car with black wheels, I would want black trim. So as someone suggested earlier, it really depends on how the whole car looks with everything put together.
Nah.

I switched to white and love the chrome delete. It is like eyeliner or “smoky eye” — beautiful. I deleted the chrome on my silver model S for the same reason.

Black and silver wheels look equally gorgeous on white but the deleted chrome trim is a must. Need to make that “T” red for the lipstick effect.

I think chrome delete looks good on white.

7EF1789A-6BB7-4CE1-BE13-A728FD599D67.jpeg

I think chrome delete looks good on white.

It definitely does! That's what I'm getting except with the 20" induction wheels. I'm so glad they changed to those. It'll look amazing with the white and they look awesome on the road.

The only thing I'm hoping I'll be able to order new interior dash trim. I wanna swap out the wood for white or black. I really want white for the contrast but am thinking it'll get quite dirty.