TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Chrome Delete & Tint Results in the Bay Area

Discussion in 'California' started by danielmiessler, Dec 29, 2019.

1. danielmiessler

danielmiessler New Member

Hey all,

I just picked up my Model 3 on Christmas Eve and immediately went to get a Chrome Delete and Tint.

I did the Chrome Delete with Jorge out of NL Wraps in San Jose, and he was fantastic. Paid $750 for Chrome Delete external, interior dash, and console.

Then I did my tint at King Tint, which is right next to the Tesla delivery center.

Paid $800 for top-tier Solar Gard, 30% everywhere and 75% front windshield. I didn't want to go too dark because California.

Pic

2. linux-works

linux-works Active Member

lots of money, but the car surely does look better for it!

I have concerns about the longer term life of the vinyl 'tape' stuff. seems it can scratch or ends not adhering well over time.

really a shame tesla does not offer an anodized version. chrome, today, is something MOST of us want no part of. tesla is still too old-school on this, for some reason. laziness, maybe?

3. lithium1330

lithium1330 Member

That is also a project on my list.
    Though, I've been thinking i could plastidip the chrome trims if the wrap doesn't work out.

4. LakersCentral

LakersCentral Member

That's 30%? Damn it looks light....maybe just the angle?

You say "top tier"...do you happen to know specifically which Solar Gard model / series it was?

Looks good, real good. But I cant believe the price these installers are charging nowadays! paid $120 for 4 windows in my explorer ~6 years ago,and its held up perfect. goin DIY if I cant find it under $200. Maybe the roof is the majority of the cost... I can see that being a PITA.